What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pmag Ignition Harness

longline

Well Known Member
I am about to build the ignition harness for my dual Pmag equipped parallel valve O-360. I know that the NGK plugs that are recommended, BR8-ES, are resistor plugs.
What type of wire is used? I would think that we should avoid the wire core wires, because of RFI.
I see 7MM and 8MM wires available. Which is recommended?

Thanks

I am about to build the ignition harness for my dual Pmag equipped parallel valve O-360. I know that the NGK plugs that are recommended, BR8-ES, are resistor plugs.
What type of wire is used? I would think that we should avoid the wire core wires, because of RFI.
I see 7MM and 8MM wires available. Which is recommended?

Thanks

I have two sets of pre-terminated 4 cylinder wires that have only been used for the test stand runs of my engine. They are the E-Mag OEM wires that come with the P-Mags. If you buy them from E-Mag they are $75 each, I will sell you mine for $40 each including shipping.

I changed my wires out because we wanted blue wires to coordinate with the engine and airplane paint colors. Yes, I know my OCPD is showing :rolleyes:

Ditto........

Not worth the grief. Let the guys who do this time and time again do it for you. No shorts, no tracking and they fit first time. :D

Resistor wire is what you want, and that stuff is available in bulk in a myriad of colors and diameters from any online auto parts house. I typically get my supplies from Summit Racing.

You are certainly right to be cautious about RFI. Pmags do not handle it well, and the only malfunction I've ever had was because I installed non resistor plugs.

Back