What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mag Hole EI Pickup

lr172

Well Known Member
When I did my Megasquirt installation, I used an old mag and modified it to be a crank sensor. I installed magnets and a Hall sensor to create a 6-1 trigger wheel. It's been working great for 350 hours, but would like to create a more finished installation. I recently acquired a lathe and mill and now have the capability to make a purpose built unit.

I have some spare time and could make multiple units at a reasonable cost. Please let me know if there is any interest and I'll order additional stock. My setup will use a 12-1 trigger wheel with magnets and a hall sensor, as I think that is most reliable and stable. However, I could also make units with a 36-1 wheel with a VR pickup for those considering an EDIS installation. I could also make a unit with a magnet configuration used by SDS for those that can't use the flywheel (I am probably using the same or comparable hall sensor as they use). I had an old, generator flywheel without the machined interior and that kept me from using or considering the SDS unit (a new flywheel was too expensive for me).

Let me know if there is any interest. I would need to build mine first and confirm the fit up / operation before making units for others.

Larry

One of the manufacturers that makes EI makes what you describe. I don't know what magnet configuration they use. I was going to inquire. I might be interested in one of the units you are going to make. I am going to use SDS EFI and EI so I would need their magnet configuration.

Thanks

One of the manufacturers that makes EI makes what you describe. I don't know what magnet configuration they use. I was going to inquire. I might be interested in one of the units you are going to make. I am going to use SDS EFI and EI so I would need their magnet configuration.

Thanks

I looked at Electroair when I did the MS installation. They wanted over $600 and I decided that was too expensive, especially given that they probably didn't use the magnet configuration I wanted.

I'll post some pic's in a week or so when I get one built.

Larry

Back