What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

uAvioni echoUAT install location...

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
Can I install the echoUAT under the floor panels? I assume not and that the aluminum floor panel would block the wifi signal.

Michael-

Radio propagation is a funny thing. You might be surprised that the signal finds a path to your device. Will you use a device just for configuration, or full time for traffic? At any rate... just drop it there temporarily.... they are very small and light. The see what kind of signal strength you get. An experiment...so to speak. Very appropriate in our category of planes...

A friend of mine put his Echo behind the baggage compartment in his 6. Tech support said that was ok and he gets wi-fi no problem.

Dan

Can I install the echoUAT under the floor panels? I assume not and that the aluminum floor panel would block the wifi signal.

Michael-

I put mine under a floor panel. There is only one opening of any kind, it's in the floor panel next to the sidewall, and it's maybe 1/2" x 1". I was worried about wifi but I can connect to the echoUAT 20' or more away from the airplane. No issues in flight at all with this.

I would say if you have problems, find a place you can add a small opening and this may be enough to make it work.

Back