What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Vibration Mounts

Sylvio

Good afternoon , some time ago , the Van's used to sell Engine Vibration Mounts "Aerobatic " . Today there is not that model " Aerobatic " . For those who will do acrobatics in an RV - 8A , the model sold without the acrobatic specification is satisfactory?
Thank you

J9613-49,J9613-40

The two mounts that seam to work best on the dynafocal mount are the LORD J9613-40 or the J9613-49 they come with a tension and compression side as well as a silicone dampener that sits inside,this works to dampen shaking on shut down. Like all things Aerospace there is a date code embossed on each piece. I've bought and returned a set on ebay that were old mounts re-boxed in new box's with fresh date codes. You need four and at $125 each they are not cheap and you want to order them when needed.

The two mounts that seam to work best on the dynafocal mount are the LORD J9613-40 or the J9613-49 they come with a tension and compression side as well as a silicone dampener that sits inside,this works to dampen shaking on shut down. Like all things Aerospace there is a date code embossed on each piece. I've bought and returned a set on ebay that were old mounts re-boxed in new box's with fresh date codes. You need four and at $125 each they are not cheap and you want to order them when needed.

Thank you so much. Tell if it is the "EA DYNA-STD VI" model that sells in the Vans website?

call or email Vans

A call or email would be in order here as I'm under the impression the mounts they sell are from Barry.The prefered mount are from LORD a little more money (Whos kidding Who,It's a ton of money for 4 rubber mounts!Ouch!!). Again cure date is everything with these mounts.Ideally they should arrive the day you hang your engine,direct from the manufacturing floor. For light gentleman Aerobatics LORD J9613-49 is a little stiffer,the LORD J9613-40 is just as good. IMHO
RHill

Mounts

Vans is now selling Lord brand mounts. Even says so on their website if you read close. I just ordered a set. It is a good time to buy Lord mounts as interest rates are still pretty low and you can get a 15 year term on Lord mounts :D

Back