What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PMA8000 Dimming with PWM Dimmer

Canadian_JOY

Well Known Member
For those who have a PMA8000 or similar audio panel and a PWM dimmer, how have you made this combination work?

We have the Flight Data Systems LC40 dimmer, which is a PWM dimmer. In looking at their website they now say it won't work with the newer PSE audio panels and that the LC50 should be used as it provides two analog channels of dimming.

I would consider installing the LC50 if it weren't for the fact that the LC40 is already installed and difficult to access.

I've been considering installing a diode and capacitor to filter the chopped dimming voltage to the audio panel - this would be the easiest to do from an accessibility standpoint.

If you have a solution that's easy and works well with the PMA8000 or similar audio panel I'd welcome hearing about it.

Thanks, Chuck - I discovered that note a few minutes ago, then saw your post here.
I would consider the LC50 if I could figure out a way to buy one easily. Check your Flight Data Systems email for additional communication.

Thanks again for your help.

Back