- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-21-2017, 08:33 AM

Default Check out new museum at KEZF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa38112 View Post
NY had something similar for their aviation museums. Most could not be flown to, but it was fun trying to get the stamps. I think it was called the Aviation Trail ?

I also remember something like this in NJ a long time ago. I may still have the stamp booklet, but if I recall correctly you had to complete it in a short time frame.
The former Virginia Aviation Museum (KRIC) has closed, and with LOTS of effort from local RV guys and the owner of KEZF, it has been moved to KEZF (on the field).
I think it is slated to open in April.

Daddyman
Dues +
Old 03-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Default VA Ambassador Program

I've been slooooowly filling out my book over the years. The most interesting was Reagan/National, since it is prohibitively complicated to actually fly there. Started chatting up security guards in the terminal when I was stuck there with a delayed flight. They thought I was crazy until this really old dude said "oh, I know what he needs," rummaged around in a drawer, and found the dust-covered stamp amid a bunch of office supplies.

Let me know when any of you guys drop by W96 -- I'll show off the new (to me) RV-9A!
2017 Dues Paid
Old 03-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Default Hey, thats my Dream Flyer in your picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skykingbob View Post
Hey Vlav.....Kathryn ans I decided to do the Ambassador Program also. We have a couple stamps now and will continue. Problem is that I fly at times she is un available so I don't get stamo without her.

BTW.....where is the stamp located at Grundy?
KyKingBob,
That was my camp RV-4, and me in the flight suit with my back turned.

Cool.

Daddyman
Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyman View Post
The former Virginia Aviation Museum (KRIC) has closed, and with LOTS of effort from local RV guys and the owner of KEZF, it has been moved to KEZF (on the field).
I think it is slated to open in April.

Daddyman
Dues +
I used to volunteer there. A great loss. The Spad XIII and Vultee, in particular, are real historical gems. I'm very sorry I came to the party too late to help with the relocation -- and I'm hugely grateful for that effort!
2017 Dues Paid
Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 AM

Default Good for you, Vlad!

You've completed a feat I am nowhere close to doing - and I live here!

Took my flight training at KROA back in the day; now I avoid the place, even though many cross-countries from here take me over or very close by it. Have never landed my 6A at Roanoke in 19 years of flying it and basing 30 miles away.

My last communication with ROA approach was "Experimental three-zero-yankee-delta, remain clear of the class Charlie airspace" when I asked for clearance through on a trip south to Florida about a decade ago. Guess I'm a grass strip kind of guy at heart...

Oh, and what's your excuse for coming that close to Hop Along without stopping in to visit?

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A - N30YD - flying since '98
RV-10 - N130YD reserved - under construction

donating monthly to the VAF - thanks, Doug

Last edited by Bill Boyd : 03-21-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: not wanting to miss chance to yank Vlad's chain
Old 03-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Talking Hey Vlad..come on over to Ontario

Hey Vlad, come on over to South Western Ontario!
A lot of great G/A airports over here we often visit..mainly for breakfasts. Lots of RV guys gather usually on Saturday mornings, sometimes Sundays 'cause many work Mon-Friday. "Flippin' Eggs" at CYGD (Goderich) on the shores of Lake Huron, great small restaurant at Tillsonburg, CYTB near Long Point on Lake Erie. Restaurant at Hanover , CYHS, always draws lots of pilots, Edenvale , CYV8 and Brantford, CYFD to name a few. You could do a tour and fill up on bacon and eggs with home fries, toast and coffee !
Cheers
Dave
C-GCPD
Old 03-21-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyman View Post
Vlad,
I have 5 left. I'm saving KIAD (Dulles International for the grand Finale).
I did not know Blacksburg Army Base was open without military prior permission to land?
Is it open?

Happy Landings,
Daddyman
Dues +
Is that you Daddyman? Yes the Army Base is open it's a joint venture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofWar View Post
I always wondered, if I can fly to all the public airports in the U.S. in my lifetime. I see you are already on you way to complete this mission one state at a time.
Triple One сколько лет сколько зим! long time no talk! How is flying life down south? It's 360+ vfr days here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Boyd View Post
You've completed a feat I am nowhere close to doing - and I live here!

Took my flight training at KROA back in the day; now I avoid the place, even though many cross-countries from here take me over or very close by it. Have never landed my 6A at Roanoke in 19 years of flying it and basing 30 miles away.

My last communication with ROA approach was "Experimental three-zero-yankee-delta, remain clear of the class Charlie airspace" when I asked for clearance through on a trip south to Florida about a decade ago. Guess I'm a grass strip kind of guy at heart...

Oh, and what's your excuse for coming that close to Hop Along without stopping in to visit?
Bill it was tempting I was right over your drome. I don't like just to drop down without notice anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7guy2 View Post
Hey Vlad, come on over to South Western Ontario!
A lot of great G/A airports over here we often visit..mainly for breakfasts. Lots of RV guys gather usually on Saturday mornings, sometimes Sundays 'cause many work Mon-Friday. "Flippin' Eggs" at CYGD (Goderich) on the shores of Lake Huron, great small restaurant at Tillsonburg, CYTB near Long Point on Lake Erie. Restaurant at Hanover , CYHS, always draws lots of pilots, Edenvale , CYV8 and Brantford, CYFD to name a few. You could do a tour and fill up on bacon and eggs with home fries, toast and coffee !
Cheers
Dave
C-GCPD
Thanks Dave I mapped your suggestions. On my "around Lake Huron" run I will check some of them.

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.