VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Default Smoke Systems and Smoke Oil

I have complete smoke system kits customized for every model of RV.
These complete kits feature beautifully welded aluminum tanks, a real, honest to goodness oil pump that lasts nearly forever, and 2 (not 1) of the best oil injectors on planet earth. You can also get any individual part you may need. Complete kits come with written instructions and photos and I am always ready to answer any questions by email or telephone. Complete kits start at $760. depending on what tank you need. Tanks capacity can be anywhere from 3 gallons to 8 gallons.
My own brand of premium smoke oil (Snake Oil) is available in 5 gallons or 55 gallon barrels. 5 gal is $65. and a barrel is $475. plus shipping and a barrel ships almost as cheap as 5 gallons. That is about a 2 year supply for most of us fun fliers.
You can see everything on my web site www.smoke-system-helper.com
Just phone if you want to talk about any questions, I love to gab about airplanes.

marvin@buckeye-access.com

Last edited by marv1121 : 01-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:17 PM

Thumbs up

So you're the guy...

I just ordered a pair of injectors from you today.
WARNING! Incorrect design and/or fabrication of aircraft and/or components may result in injury or death. Information presented in this post is based on my own experience - Reader has sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for use.

Michael Robinson
PA-20-inspired "family truckster" -in work
Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 PM

Default Great smoke system....

Hi, Marvin....

Big shout-out for your smoke systems.... Yours is the RV smoke system of choice here at our KFFC RV Squadron. Your RV6/7 kit is great--all but invisible behind the passenger seat. Nice design. We found that your check valves near the spray nozzles are all but required to prevent smoke dribble after pump shutoff. Highly recommended. Maybe these should be standard in your kits (or recommended).

I met you a few months ago at the Pine Bluff FFI formation clinic and you mentioned the recommended flow rate for your system. What was that? I think mine is tuned way less than what you recommended, although my smoke has been very satisfactory.

One thing I would recommend when using your system is to lean out the fuel mixture to drive up EGT prior to turning on the smoke. It really helps.

Thanks for a great product.
Dual Skyviews, Garmin 796/SL30
EAA/AOPA/Vans Air Force 2018 Supporter