What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Well...she's back in the air

Jerry Fischer

Well Known Member
N5183 is flying again & here are some "After" pictures of the right fuel cell rebuild. BTW I'll probably have to drive :)() to OSH this year since I got too much stuff to take
Taping tank for neatness:
dy0j04.jpg

pro sealing the access covers:
2n84tfs.jpg

Applying Ply Finish to bottom wing skin:
10pvnkx.jpg

The Mockingbird on a flight this week to Habersham county (AJR) up in the N Georgia Mountains:
2duxn3l.jpg

Last edited:
So are you flying to the EAA690 pancake breakfast and then on to the KGVL cracker fly-in on Sat.

John Morgan

KAJR

Sorry I missed you at Habersham, must have been in my hangar.
See you tomorrow if you're at GVL.

Last edited:
Its great to hear that at least ONE RV-1 is still flying Jerry!

See you at the show.

RV 1

I hope those tanks hold. I know you have had a lot of trouble getting them repaired.
Have you considered shipping your gear to Oshkosh? Lots of people do.

You MUST fly to OSH!

There are so many RV'rs in Georgia, I can't believe one of them wouldn't offer to take some stuff for you, so you can fly your RV-1 to OSH. I, for one, would like to see it there in person.

RV1...

Shipped my gear to Charlie Becker on Saturday afternoon, he should get it by Wednesday:rolleyes:. & Jay, tanks are doing OK so far after 4 flights. Mannon, good to see you at the Cracker Fly IN. Paul, Don't forget our appointment with Elijah.
John Slemp has been kind enough to take my folding chairs/additional clothes up when he goes, so WX permitting I should be setting the Mockingbird down the afternoon of 7/22 at OSH. See you guys there:D

Last edited:
....so WX permitting I should be setting the Mockingbird down the afternoon of 7/22 at OSH. See you guys there:D

I'll be in OSH at Sonex on the 22nd and 23rd to do some flying - then I go to Minnesota for two days before coming back on Saturday. If I have some time during the Sonex visit, I'll come by and see what kind of trouble you're getting in to - otherwise, we'll see you when the show starts!

Back