What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternatives to AN365-1032 nuts?

chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Because of a lack of foresight and intelligence on my part I have some conflicts between the nuts/bolts that tie the engine mounts to the longhorns and the nut plates for the screws that hold the forward top skin in place (RV-4). The bolts all go in fine but I can't get a couple of the standard AN365 nuts on. If I use an AN-345 and grind it a little I can just slip it into place -but I wondered if there was any other better alternative in this situation? The only other choice is to find another way to secure the top skin and grind away the offending nut plates....

Thanks

Chris

Because of a lack of foresight and intelligence on my part I have some conflicts between the nuts/bolts that tie the engine mounts to the longhorns and the nut plates for the screws that hold the forward top skin in place (RV-4). The bolts all go in fine but I can't get a couple of the standard AN365 nuts on. If I use an AN-345 and grind it a little I can just slip it into place -but I wondered if there was any other better alternative in this situation? The only other choice is to find another way to secure the top skin and grind away the offending nut plates....

Thanks

Chris

Maybe this would work:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ha/nut_hex/ms21042.php

ms21042.jpg

For some additional situational awareness, Van's has a notification on their website (under the support tab) regarding MS21042 all-metal lock nuts that's worth a quick read. The Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin number is HQ-14-16, dated 28 April 14.

Fly safe,

Vac

Back