What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jeff and Rob's RV-8

DOX8

December 2010 my brother, Rob, shows up and places a piece of paper on may desk and says " You OWN half of this". The paper turns out to be the receipt for an RV-8 empennage. A few days later it shows up.
1292437884995.jpg

Last fall we purchased previously owned but untouched quick build wings, quick build fuselage, and finishing kit.
1317678647949.jpg

Empennage is finished except for the glass work. Currently working on the wings. I had hoped to get more work done over the winter but there were a few other projects that got in the way.:eek:

I had hoped to get more work done over the winter but there were a few other projects that got in the way.:eek:

What kind of projects were those few? Nothing suppose to get in the way of building RV :D Keep pounding them Jeff!

After a search through the forum, I guess I am not the only person to dimple the flap brace instead of countersinking. Unfortunately, I had already put the rivets into the spar. Those cherry max rivets are a PITA to drill out! After removal and squeezing the dimples flat, I am not happy with the flap brace. It developed a noticeable bow sooooooo..... New flap brace on order. :(

Back