What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

current Andair valve pireps please

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
I have read all the historic comments about the selector valve issues,delivery time and responsiveness. I have time to wait but no appetite for leaks, maintenance requirements and downtime for parts.

So, any comments about CURRENT valve reliability and service would be appreciated before I buy or use my Vans valve.

Larry, we like the Andair Valves. I personally would like to see faster delivery of parts, but Andy and Owen are busy. I do know that a client received his EF20 elbows in a couple of days----YESSSSSSSSS, you heard it here first.

I think that some guys have a problem removing the staked screws when reconfiguring the valves. I'd like to have blank valves (especially the duplex valves) and the necessary adapter fittings to configure them the way we need them. Yes, Steve and I talked to Andy and Owen at OSH last year about this, but nothing set in stone. We also talked with Jim Irwin at Spruce about this, and he is willing to stock some more stuff.

As far as the overall quality of the valves, I dont know of any.

Tom

I have one in my -7A with around 60 hours now. No issues but I ensured the screws were staked per instructions before install. It is a little on the stiff side when rotating but I expect that to improve with use.

Back