What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Left over parts?

Jasonm

Well Known Member
What to do with the left over stall warner parts?

Make a baggage door switch out of it.
Since I didn't use any of the stall warner hardware I figured it would make a nice baggage door switch that will tie into my panel.

246kv9w.jpg

Micro switch located just inside the brace behind the two rear seat backs.

24wyrnt.jpg

Another view

aw3ng6.jpg

View of closed baggage door.

This circuit along with the main doors safety circuit will run through the VPX and display on the G3X.

This was brilliant. I don't need an indicator but I could have replaced the switch inside the door to turn the dome light on/off. Apropros of nothing in particular, anyone need a stall warning kit? :rolleyes:

anyone need a stall warning kit?

Is this just the mechanical items, or do you have the buzzer/tone generator circuit board also.

Looking for the tone generator, I have the buzzer and it is pretty much worthless with flight noise, and ANR headsets.

Is this just the mechanical items, or do you have the buzzer/tone generator circuit board also.

Looking for the tone generator, I have the buzzer and it is pretty much worthless with flight noise, and ANR headsets.

Mike, Do you have the audio output from your GRT HX hooked up? The AOA warning tone - whether from direct measurement or computed - works pretty well, imho. I agree, stock buzzer isn't loud enough.

Bob, no, it is not hooked up, as there is nothing to hook it up to.

If I had the tone generator board, I could hook it up.

I do not have an AOA unit, only the leading edge stall switch.

Last edited:
Bob, no, it is not hooked up, as there is nothing to hook it up to.

If I had the tone generator board, I could hook it up.

I do not have an AOA unit, only the leading edge stall switch.

Hey Mike,
I have the board if you want it.

Back