What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

crow seat belt

stamper

Well Known Member
Okay I went with the Crow seat belts. Was installing them tonight and noticed that the front seatbelts where they attach to the ceiling that the hole was smaller then the bolt or screw that Vans call out for in there plans. The easy thing would be to drill the seatbelt attach point to a bigger hole.
Crow is closed now so I thought I would post to see what others have done or Maybe Crow messed up. Just thought I would put it out there.

Weight and Balance tomorrow and if everything goes good my DAR inspection for Saturday morning.

I used Hooker and got the same thing. I guess that the 1/4" is the standard whereas the ceiling fitting needs to spread the load a bit more.

Hooker just sent me replacement fittings. With the chrome plating, I don't think I would try drilling out.

I just ordered some hookers. The ones they sold me is also 1/4 inch mounting hole. I asked about the size difference and I was told to drill out the center bushing. They told me they did not have a specific 5/16 bolt size hole for the RV 10. If the hole has not been drilled in the cabin top, would a 1/16 of an inch make any difference in the safety factor. If you drill out the attachment on the belt will it mess up the chrome plating?

I'll give them a call this morning I didn't want to drill out because of the plating. I would also keep the bolt size what it calls out for in the planes. I think a lot of it has to do with the size of head that sits on top, more service area.

yep I called them and the person I talked to didn't know so I just drilled them out. you would think that when they ask what rv you are putting them in that they would of mentioned that they needed drilled.

Back