What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fiberglass spreaders

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I have been hotel-apartment card keys using these for years to spread epoxy and bondo type products. They beat the yellow spreaders especially when doing smaller areas or top coating for pinholes. We own student housing apartments so I get plenty to use. I was looking on amazon and saw they had them for sale - 100 for $10.

Here is a link. I have probably used about 100 so far on my build. Anything that can be done to get through the glass portion is a good thing. These could help!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX721LP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those card keys are also great for mixing small portions of two-part adhesive or filler! I keep a stack of them in the hangar. I travel a lot to fly various planes, so the stack is not small....

Cards

I save all those cards from junk mail just for that purpose. Probably have over 100.

This is a timely post (or at lest me finding it). I'll have to see how many of those I still have around.

Now if there was a common free roller-thinging for getting out bubbles.

Back