What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout out to Stein and the gang

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I am sure this is nothing new to all of you experienced builders but, having bought an already built RV-9A and coming form the certified world, the prospect of an instrument panel update was, to be sure, daunting. I came to Stein and Jed with the idea of taking my very nice VFR, Dynon, non-WAAS, non-2020 compliant -9A to a doable instrument platform both on budget and skills. Throughout the multi-month planning, he was the ever gracious and patient tutor- guiding me and helping me with decisions, placement, and advice- offering what help I asked for and leaving me to mull over information to reach my own decisions. I just got word the harnesses are finished and the Garmin goodies will be headed my way in short order. It is so rare to find folks with as much knowledge, patience and obvious love of their craft as the folks at Stein Air. Now the hard work starts. I may be picking the collective brain of the forum in the next few weeks or months. Thanks!

Little things too!

+! And for the little things, just as helpful. Had to stop wiring Friday due to lack of an 8 gage #10 ring terminal. On line shipping was nearly $10, I called, Stein took the $4 order, sent it USPS first class for $2.00 and it arrived Tuesday. 2 day ground would not have been faster, but 10X more expensive.

So - I bought a GAP26 and GSU25 today.

Last edited:
Yep!

+1 - and I'm just getting started! Rec'd my big box of toys last week.

Stein & Company really step up when it matters.

Carry on!
Mark

Buying from Stein & Co was one of the best decisions I made throughout my RV build. Their knowledge of the RV/avionics biz is incomparable, and they are EVER helpful. :D

Back