What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Well I finally did it!

bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
After seven years of flying around naked, I mean without paint. I finally got it paint. I delivered it to Bobby Potts at Tuscaloosa Interiors in Tuscaloosa, AL on Jan. 4, 2014 and picked it up Feb. 25, 2014. He had a few weather delays and a few sickness delays, but that is to be expected. My buddy Finley Cooper flew me home the first time and flew me back down to pick it up, in his Cessna 182 and helped me remove and reinstall all the control surfaces. Now that's a friend! Took most of the day putting it all back together. Got home right at sunset.

2014-02-22%2520078.JPG" height="480" width="640"

IMG_00080.jpg" height="480" width="640"

IMG_00083.jpg" height="480" width="640"

Visit my web site to see more pictures!

Beautiful!

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the georgeous paint job! I look forward to seeing it in person.

I love that blue! It would have been my next choice and still not sure if I made the correct choice. Beautiful.

I regret I didn't paint before first flight

That's a show plane Bobby! From now you will be happy forever. :)

we love it!

Bobby,

Amanda and i have seen your naked plane a few times at Petiit Jean. We thoght it looked good then. It really rocks now! We're happy for you!!

Congrats Bobby

Just another Kentucky boy congratulating you on a fine looking airplane. Hope to see it up close flying in the state. Still pushing to get mine done.

Fantastic

Hey Bobby....fantastic paint job!!! That is about the blue that i am planning on using! It about matches my Jeep:) congratulations

Congratulations; it really came out great. You need to bring her back to our first saturday fly-ins.

Bobby

The plane looks great. It is almost the same color that I just painted Smilin 1
Except the blue and white are reversed. Did you reweigh it yet? Just curious as to how much your empty weight changed.

Congrats

John Morgan

I am still flying naked. :-(

Nice paint. i also like the look of curved lines. My will be similar, using yellow white. We shall see if it takes my seven years as well. At this point I can't stop flying long enough to drop her off at the paint shop.

Nice Paint Job!

It looks very nice, Bobby.
I like the colors, and I like the paint scheme. You should be proud of your RV, and I'm sure you are!

Not yet

Bobby

The plane looks great. It is almost the same color that I just painted Smilin 1
Except the blue and white are reversed. Did you reweigh it yet? Just curious as to how much your empty weight changed.

Congrats

John Morgan

I haven't yet and might not get to far a few weeks. About to travel with work for a few weeks.

Back