What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Woo Hoo!

60av8tor

Well Known Member
Not quite as exciting as receiving the empennage - brand new to the adventure - but still exciting to have brand new boxes to open! Another step in the journey... Getting mentally set to deburr my life away!:D

DSC_2874.jpg

Not quite as exciting as receiving the empennage - brand new to the adventure - but still exciting to have brand new boxes to open! Another step in the journey... Getting mentally set to deburr my life away!:D

DSC_2874.jpg

You're already on the wings?! :eek: You'll be passing me pretty soon!

Let the games begin! Enjoy the journey and follow Mike's advice. One bite at a time and before you know it, you'll be at 40 hours :D

Lots of fun waiting in those crates! I just oficially started my build last night. Drilled a few hundred holes and got some J-channels fabricated!

Wait...Did Van's outline the cradle sides for you on the top of the big crate? NOT FAIR!

Sure looks like it, huh!?

Congrats Mike! Look forward to following your progress.

Bob - not exactly 100% on the emp - I didn't do any of the glass, etc. My wallet won't allow me to go too quickly:D. Plus I love my 7A and it will be a sad day when I have to put it on the market for my engine and avionics:(

Me too! Me too!

wingcrate.jpg

Just got my wing kit on Tuesday! Looks like we're about neck-in-neck here :)

And yes those are the outlines for the cradle sides... did they not do that in the past?

Just finished inventorying all the parts last night, and everything looks good to go! I'll be ready to start on it as soon as I can finish cleaning up and rebuilding from a pretty bad storm that hit here last week. Maybe by the end of this weekend...

Best of luck in your build!!!

PS- if you end up on my build blog site, sorry it is WAY outdated, I need to update it soon! I started it to stay motivated on building, but it turned out things are going the other way around ;-)

wingcrate.jpg

Just got my wing kit on Tuesday! Looks like we're about neck-in-neck here :)

And yes those are the outlines for the cradle sides... did they not do that in the past?

Just finished inventorying all the parts last night, and everything looks good to go! I'll be ready to start on it as soon as I can finish cleaning up and rebuilding from a pretty bad storm that hit here last week. Maybe by the end of this weekend...

Best of luck in your build!!!

PS- if you end up on my build blog site, sorry it is WAY outdated, I need to update it soon! I started it to stay motivated on building, but it turned out things are going the other way around ;-)

Thanks, Mike - best of luck to you, too! You're flying through your build!

Back