What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Forward with 4 into 1 Exhaust?

ratc

Well Known Member
Has anyone fitted a 4 into 1 exhaust with a 0-320 and standard cowls?
I'm interested to hear what problems ( if any) you had. Would you do it again, if so, anything you would have done differently. Like all other builders I don't want to re-invent the wheel!
Of particularlar interest is the position of the Gascolator.
Thanks.

No problem (I think?)

ratc said:
Has anyone fitted a 4 into 1 exhaust with a 0-320 and standard cowls? I'm interested to hear what problems ( if any) you had. Would you do it again, if so, anything you would have done differently. Like all other builders I don't want to re-invent the wheel! Of particularly interest is the position of the Gascolator. Thanks.
Dear ratc: You left out a few things, but yea sure no problem. George

PS: To fill in a few blanks, if you have a RV-"A" model you will have a problem. The nose gear is in the way. Someone has done it and there is a thread and picture showing it. If you want info on a good 4 into 1 you need to go to: http://www.aircraftexhaust.net/ , tell them RV-7 George (with the custom exhaust) sent you. They are good people and make a top notch product. Bottom line is the exhaust wraps around and joins pretty much center line. I don't think the gascolator is an issue. Now a fuel line run may be? The cowl may or may not need a small tweak? Good luck.

Last edited:
4 into 1 (RV-4)

Hi George - Since the message was posted to the -4 model site I thought that it would encourage a response from those builders, but I'm glad to hear from any RV builder who has fitted one. Yes, Exhaust technologies are the guy's I thought I'd use, looks like a great system!
My concern as you mention is the routing of some of the more important firewall items. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the information.

Oh never mind

ratc said:
Hi George - Since the message was posted to the -4 model site I thought that it would encourage a response from those builders, but I'm glad to hear from any RV builder who has fitted one. Yes, Exhaust technologies are the guy's I thought I'd use, looks like a great system!
My concern as you mention is the routing of some of the more important firewall items. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the information.
My mistake, back at you. The RV-4 cowl is tighter than the others, I had a RV-4 and building a RV-7. I don't think the gascolator would be a problem, ut to be honest I don't know for sure, I'll shut up now. :D :rolleyes: George

4 into 1

Ive got an 0-320 and a stainless 4 into 1 system intended for a Glassair fit to my 6A.Its mounted a little right of center and i dont see any problem with the gascolator which is located lower firewall pilot side. Ive been told it sounds better but its just airplane noise from the cockpit.Standard cowl.Does anyone have any skinny on which stacks are better? I have been playing with the idea of trying Vettners (sic?)2 into 1 to reduce cabin noise.
Keith
13KN

Back