Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardmarc View Post
Guys, console program 5.0 was never released by Bill Moffett, to my knowledge. It was supposed to fix some bugs (wifi to pads, other stuff) which were known issues. He did have it completed when the FAA stuff became onerous.
I do all my own work, wired the unit up. It was a process, but it does work fine. It is interfaced with a SL70 transponder (for code and alt pass thru), an Aspen PFD (for the altitude), a GNS 480 (for data pass thru and for WAAS position/time), and a GMX200 and an Aspen MFD for traffic and FIS weather displays (weather on GMX200, not Aspen-locked out). And an ipad running Wing X.
Last version I had access to, and still have in numerous places, was 4.1.0.
Too bad we cant get access to 5.0.
FWIW I have a 600B certified unit. it works fine, passes all tests still for 4 years now. I had to connect it to my GNS480 WAAS unit output (ch 6) to be compliant with the last NavWorx AD. No problem there-one wire did it. I do get traffic and weather on my GMX200 (and traffic on Aspen MFD), but NO traffic on my ipad running Wing X pro (NavWorx was never compatible with Foreflight), however I do get weather on the ipad, the FIS, go figure. 5.0 was supposed to fix that.
I may have buffer issues with my GMX200, I believe it 'may' be caused by the 600B but could never confirm that was the cause. What happens is the GMX200 shuts down spontaneously and restarts. Spend a lot of time with Garmin with that issue, it never got 'fixed'.
YMMV. Good luck all.

Just for clarification, it may work ok, but it's not legal to use unless you've complied to the AMOC particular to your unit and gps navigator.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:55 AM

Default Avare

The ADS600B I installed does not have Bluetooth Capability. WiFi works woth the AVARE software using the Avare Eternal Plug in I/O set to receive on 4000
channel. Avare on Android tablet displays N number of aircraft which is helpful for situation awareness. I use the GNS430W for position and the backup EFIS D-6 for encoder. I have A PFD< MFD G3X legacy (non touch) display with GSU73 and GTX 327. Could never get pickup from transponder antenna wire even with stripping sheilding to bare wire in the TransMon.