What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Catto 3 Blade Prop Bolts

drone_pilot

Well Known Member
I have a new Catto 3 blade prop and got the spacer, crush plate, bolts, and spinner with it. I noticed that the prop bolts are not drilled for safety wire. Is this normal?

Two sets of bolts

There should be two sets of bolts. The bolts that attach the spacer and ring gear to the crankshaft are not safety wired. The bolts that attach the prop to the spacer are safety wired. Those bolts should be drilled.

Michael

Both sets on mine are drilled and safetied.

IMG_0182.jpg

There should be two sets of bolts. The bolts that attach the spacer and ring gear to the crankshaft are not safety wired. The bolts that attach the prop to the spacer are safety wired. Those bolts should be drilled.

Michael

Michael, that is not correct. Both should be safety wired.

To the OP, call Saber manufacture for the correct bolts. Don't use the bolts you currently have.

He likely has the same extension I do where the six prop extension-to-engine bolts are installed in counter-bored holes. The instructions from Saber call for installing these bolts with Loctite. Since they are installed in counterbored holes, they cannot be safety wired. The six prop-to-extension bolts are installed with safety wire. To the OP, read the instructions that came with your extension and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Saber Extension...

I have the Saber extension with the counterbored holes. I used loctite per instructions. Sorry for being so definitive. There is obviously more than one kind of extension.

Michael-

Sorry guys. I took a closer look today and the short bolts for the extension are not drilled and the longer prop bolts are. My prop extension has counter bored holes for the shorter bolts as already mentioned above. Sorry for the false alarm.

Back