What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TAS on GRT Sport EFIS??

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
Is it possible to get TAS on the Map screen? I've read the manuals and it doesn't seem possible but I was hoping to be able to add TAS as maybe a user defineable field on the Map page so I don't have to keep flipping back to the instrument page to see my TAS. Thanks. Andy

I know you can display TAS on the main PFD page .... In place of the ground speed that shows on the upper left side. I recall the setup instructions giving me that option ... And I debated it awhile before opting for the standard GS.
Not sure if it is do-able on the map page.

I know you can display TAS on the main PFD page .... In place of the ground speed that shows on the upper left side. I recall the setup instructions giving me that option ... And I debated it awhile before opting for the standard GS.
Not sure if it is do-able on the map page.

I have TAS so I can tell if I am getting clase to the RED. I have GS on another screen. I really hate having to flip out of the map on the GRT just to see how fast I am really going. It's not a problem so much cruising but if I am comming down from altitude, I sometimes worry I am flying too fast.

I also have to find a way to make the warning messages more meaningful. They are constantly going off for obstacles or altititude. I could inhibit them but I'd rather understand where that is going to hurt me later on.

I also have to find a way to make the warning messages more meaningful. They are constantly going off for obstacles or altititude. I could inhibit them but I'd rather understand where that is going to hurt me later on.

On the HXr we have to option, under, MORE, ALARMS, to set the alarms for only Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure, depending on which phase of flight we are in. I use that all the time doing shows down low just to prevent getting all the nuisance alarms with ALT and obstacles. Not sure if it's on the Sport now.

We figure those two are the only real attention getters while we are flying low.

On the HXr we have to option, under, MORE, ALARMS, to set the alarms for only Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure, depending on which phase of flight we are in. I use that all the time doing shows down low just to prevent getting all the nuisance alarms with ALT and obstacles. Not sure if it's on the Sport now.

We figure those two are the only real attention getters while we are flying low.

Yes, Widget, it is on the Sport.

On the button page with "RESET G METER" (PFD).

I don't recall seeing a way to put TAS on the MAP page.

James

Which one do I believe

Is it possible to get TAS on the Map screen? I've read the manuals and it doesn't seem possible but I was hoping to be able to add TAS as maybe a user defineable field on the Map page so I don't have to keep flipping back to the instrument page to see my TAS. Thanks. Andy

Kinda related, today I noticed a 10 mph difference between my round airspeed indicator and my GRT Sport airspeed. The round gauge indicated 10 mph slower most notably in slow flight , at 60 on the GRT the round gauge was at 50. Yes I was at 3000 ' practicing slow flight but while in the pattern I was wondering which one to trust.
Also I noticed today that the leading edges of my wings where coated in white stuff, I wiped my hand across them and I then had a hand full off sea salt, I tasted it to be sure yep it was salt just like you buy it at the storeI live and fly at the beach but I have never seen this before and there was a lot of it, I now wonder if this could be effecting my Pitot .
Hey my name is Andy also. Maybe I should just go by my last name, Tyler.

Back