What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

To Assemble Now or Later

YoVuelo

I'm getting close to finishing up the aft fuse assembly. My question is whether or not I should to continue assembling and putting all of the control surfaces together at this point? Thinking ahead, I'm guess that mating the tailcone to the main fuse with all of the control surfaces attached would be a real bear vs. just the tail cone itself.
I suppose I could assemble it and the remove everything but I'm just wondering what others have done or are contemplating. Space really isn't an issue though a assembly that size would obviously always be somewhat in the way. Only other thought is that seeing the entire thing together would at least give me that satisfaction of seeing something that really looks like an airplane.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I mounted all the tail feathers for fit, alignment, and to complete the match drilling etc. required. It also made for a really rewarding picture - looks like an airplane part! I used temporary hardware where appropriate. I then disassembled and hung the pieces high on the walls - out of harms way but in plain site for show and tell.

Back