What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduce Yourself

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Introduce yourself to the RV-7/7A group

If you are interested, building or flying a RV-7/7A please introduce yourself here to the RV-7/7A group.

This way people can see who they are communicating with and possibly meet up with you in your area.
:D

This is the Suggested format:
[Mandatory Fields]
Name: __________
City: ___________
Status: Interested / Building [xxx hours] / Flying [yyy hours]
Configuration: RV-7 / RV-7A / Tip-up Canopy / Slider Canopy
Engine: Specify type fitted or intending fitting
Prop: Specify type fitted or intending fitting

[Optional Fields]
Introduction: A short write up about yourself and your project.
Pilot photo: Provide a photo of yourself if you have one
Project photo: Provide a photo of your project if you have one
Web page: If you have a web-page for your project

PS: Tip just copy and past the above format in your reply and edit/replace the fields as required.

Last edited:
I'll go first...

Name: Rudi Greyling
City: Johannesburg
Configuration: RV-7 Tip-up Canopy
Engine: Have not decided, most probably an IO360 clone
Prop: Have not decided, most probably an Constant Speed something

Introduction:
I'm 30 years old and have been flying Microlights for the past 4 years in South Africa. I have decided it was time to upgrade to some serious flying and I ordered my RV7 just before Xmas 2004. I am waiting in anticipation for Vans to get my kit ready and then for it to be shipped to South Africa +/- 15 March 2005, in the mean time I'm extending my garages.

Pilot photo:
rudi_bux.jpg

Project photo:
Tail was done during training at Alexander Tech Center, then I had to extend my my garages to accomodate building the rest, my latest project photos are below with more detail on my website:
current_state_01.jpg
current_state_03.jpg
current_state_04.jpg

Last edited:
Good idea!

Dave Parsons
Seattle, Washington, USA
Current status: see picture below
RV-7A tip-up

Engine: I'm currently leaning toward an FIO-360 180hp clone, probably from Mattituck or Aerosport. I'd like to have fuel injection and FADEC, but we'll see how the budget works out when I order it later this year.

Prop: Probably a Hartzell constant speed.

Avionics: Again if the budget works out, I'll get a Grand Rapids EFIS and EIS package with Garmin comm and transponder.

Introduction: I got my private pilot license about 6 months ago, and have about 120 hours so far, all in spam cans. I try to rent a plane every few weeks to keep current while I build. At my current pace of about 50 building hours per month (I wish it was 50/week), I'm hoping to be done in 1.5 to 2 years.

Web site: I update http://www.dualrudder.com/rv7 with my latest progress and add photos once a week or so.

Me (and the dog) several months ago when the first wing was completed:
IMG_3361.jpg

My building partners:
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3369.jpg

Project status (as of Feb 15, 2005):
900 hours and counting. Fuselage riveted. Working on the cabin and top skins.
IMG_3913.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
The Basics:
Scott Will
Atlanta, GA USA
Building ~110 hours
RV-7A QB Tip-up
My build site

QB should arrive Jan 13, 2005!! :D

Intro:
Almost 30 with first baby on the way (due Feb 19). I work for Delta Air Lines as a Senior Flight Operations Engineer (aka Aircraft Performance). After building & flying tons of RC models that were growing in size, this is the next logical step. Flying spam cans out of PDK in the meantime. I've found the RV crowd to be fantastic.

Engine & Prop:
IO-360 of some flavor. Not sure about prop yet.

Avionics:
Looking at Grand Rapids EFIS/EIS combo with Garmin radios.

Mug Shot:
scottjanet.jpg

Last edited:
[Mandatory Fields]
Name: Eric Brinkman
City: Phoenix
Configuration: RV-7A
Engine: Unsure, but a least 180hp

[Optional Fields]
Introduction: My name is Eric and I bought a -7 tail kit before Christmas. I bought it from a local builder who had barely started it. I don't have my PP license yet. I am currently cleaning out the garage, ooop I mean plane factory, and trying to decide on tools (Avery, Cleaveland, planetools.com, used...bleh). I almost started a Cozy MKIV, but thought I would like metal work better, plus I just feel more secure building a metal airplane (realistic or not).

I have no idea where the money is going to come from, but I just wanted to get started and one way or another it will work out I guess.

RVs are all nice. RV7s are awesome

Name: Doyle Reed Age? Old
City: Derby
State: Kansas

RV7A Tip-Up
0360 Superior
Hartzell C/S

Speed: cruis 205 MPH
Time: 330 Hrs

Name: Zach Sadecki
City: Austin, TX
Status: Interested (will mail in the emp order this weekend)
Configuration: RV-7A (Tip-up/Slider TBD, probably tip-up)
Engine/Prop: Most likely Egg Subaru, but I've got plenty of time...
Introduction: I've been wanting to build a RV for a couple years now (I still need my first RV ride, though ;)). I got interested shortly after starting my PP lessons a few years ago. Started flying in 2002, and got my ticket 2/14/04. Been working on my instrument rating since then, and have made one long (and painfully slow) trip from TX to IA,IL,MO in a Piper Apache.. Total hours now just over 100... I still don't know how I'm going to afford this all, but my wife said I need to get started, and who am I to argue :)
Web page: TBD, I'm going to keep a good web log.. I have hopes of one comprable to Dan Checkoway's, but that's a high bar to set...
Pilot photo:
symphony-small.jpg

Name: Roberta Hegy
City: East Troy
State: Wisconsin
Base: Air Troy Estates (WI69)
Configuration: RV-7A / Tip-up Canopy
Engine: Lycoming 0-360 A1A new from Van's
Prop: Hartzell Blended Airfoil Constant Speed (74")

p1200004a5sw.jpg

done29uh.jpg

Last edited:
Ken Richard
RV-7 Slider fixed pitch 160HP
Not painted but has two coats of expoy primer with corrision treatment

I just installed the remainder of the items I needed for IFR

43 hours flys great

Working on my IFR ticket

Plane is hangered sanford maine SFM

I can be contacted [email protected]

Name: Steve Ryon
City: Eagle, Colorado
Status: Building since May 2003 - Emp / Wings / Now QB fuselage started.
Configuration: RV-7A / Slider Canopy
Engine: Want IO-360
Prop: Still looking for fixed pitched prop application for this engine.
Introduction: Alaskan kid that has been trying the great big world in the 'lower 48' for a few years. Tried Dallas, TX first now in the Colorado mountains which is a better fit for me. Commercial - Inst license but just flying for fun since 1987. Finally found a couple airplanes to rent after a hiatus during all this airplane building. My shop is out at the KEGE airport.
Web page: Here is a link to my web stuff - not a real robust site
but gets updated now and then: :D GoflynRV7

8/3/05 UPDATE: Have now moved to Ketchikan, Alaska. The RV stuff is in storage for now back in Eagle. Hope to get back to work on it soon as I find work space and tranport it up north.

Last edited:
Name: David Segars
City: central Georgia
Configuration: RV-7 Slider Canopy
Engine: 0-360 A1A new from Van's
Prop: Hartzell CS

Introduction: Semi-retired, love to fly!
Pilot photo: computer stupid and couldn't figure out how...
#67 on the RVOTW list.

Keep pounding away, it's all worth it. David-S

Introduction

Name: Dave Figgins
City: Sandy, UT
Configuration: RV-7A with Slider Canopy and digital day/night VFR
Engine: Planning IO-360 180hp
Prop: Planning on CS

Introduction: Used to build my own race cars and have wanted to build a plane for 20 years but there were always other priorities, decided I am getting old and had better get with it, havent flown for long time so need to get requalified. Learning a lot as I go and from the various mail lists and builder web sites, found out that there are MANY decisions to make as you go along.
Pilot photo: I think there is one on the web site
Project photo: Photo gallery on web site
Web page: http://dbfiggins.home.comcast.net

Last edited:
Introduction

Name: Raymond Carter
City: Rock Spring, GA
Configuration: RV-7A / Tip-up Canopy /
Engine: Custom 0-360 w/ Lasar Ignition
Prop: Wood Sensenich
[Optional Fields]
Introduction: I am about 350 hours into an RV7A QB project. Tail section, canopy and lots of fuselage work complete, wings mounted drilled and removed. I have been following the yahoo RV7 and 7A group making an occasional post when I thought I could contribute something. N159RC is currently hangered at 9A5 in Lafayette Georgia. Hope to meet some of you guys at Sun N' Fun in April!

greylingr said:
If you are interested, building or flying a RV-7/7A please introduce yourself here to the RV-7/7A group.

This way people can see who they are communicating with and possibly meet up with you in your area.
:D

[Mandatory Fields]
Name: __________
City: ___________
Status: Interested / Building [xxx hours] / Flying [yyy hours]
Configuration: RV-7 / RV-7A / Tip-up Canopy / Slider Canopy
Engine: Specify type fitted or intending fitting
Prop: Specify type fitted or intending fitting

[Optional Fields]
Introduction: A short write up about yourself and your project.
Pilot photo: Provide a photo of yourself if you have one
Project photo: Provide a photo of your project if you have one
Web page: If you have a web-page for your project

PS: Tip just copy and past the above format in your reply and edit/replace the fields as required.

Well I may as well chime in here too. I have been posting away with no introduction up until now.

Name:John Sannizzaro
City:Plymouth, MA
Configuration: RV-7 Tip-up or Slider Canopy (undeceided)
Engine:Leaning towards a Lycosaurus from Mattituck
Prop:Constant speed (Hartzell maybe?)

Introduction:I have been flying for about ummmm, well I gotta check the logbook, but I think 8 years. I am a PP SEL, SES, HP, Complex and tailwheel signoffs and plan on doing the Instrument ticket in the RV.
Pilot photo:
39g.jpg

Project photo:
DSCN1301.jpg

Emp done!

:cool: CJ

Name: Dan Landry
City: Las Vegas, NV
Engine: XP-IO360
Prop: Catto 3-blade

Introduction: Started project in Tampa Bay 2/2003,
Relocated to Las Vegas 12/2003 with emp & 1 wing complete, will be relocating back to Tampa Bay at the end of 2005. The 7a will be flying back on the return trip.

Web page: http://www.adv-sol.net/rv7

Name: Jamie Painter
City: Suwanee, GA
Ticket: Private
Configuration: RV-7A, tip-up. Wings done, fuse coming together nicely and the finish kit is on it's way.

Engine: Superior O-360
Prop: Probably a Hartzell CS

You can follow our progress at our website: http://rv.jpainter.org

Here's my wife Jaime (yes we have the same name) and I putting around over North Georgia in a rented spam can.
2004-11-26.346.jpeg

Last edited:
Name: John Prickett
City: Austin, TX
Engine: LyClone -- 180hp injected
Prop: undecided, probably Hartzell blended airfoil
Ratings: CFI ASMEL/IA

Name:John E Jacobsen
City: Gatesville Texas
Engine: Thinkin of ECI 180 FI
Prop: CS Hartzell ??

Introduction: I am an A&P mechanic , have been working on Army helicopters for 18 years now (5 years Army, 13 as civilian contractor) Mostly Blackhawks, but have had my hands on all types. Building an RV has been a dream for years, decided to just do it and stop making excuses. I have been flying Cessnas for 3 years now, but no time in an RV. So building on faith, figure 4000+ builders cant be wrong.

-John and Jake Marden
-Waterville, Maine, USA.. (KWVL)
-As of right now we're very very very much interested in building.. Been lurking here and reading the email lists for a few weeks now. We've also slowly been acquiring the tools needed for the job.
-We'll be going with the -7A, Tip-up
-probably the 0-360
-probably a c/s

Well I (the son, 24 years old, Jake) began reading online about the RV's after we attended Oshkosh last year.. Pretty much fell in love with them, and have been trying to convince my father to do the project with me ever since.. He owns a 1980 C182RG, somewhere around ~1500 hours, IFR, and daaang close to getting his CFI (I'll be his first student this summer.. :) )

Sometime this spring I'm going to try and get us to catch up with and meet some RV builders in the Maine-NH-MA region.. get a close-up inspection, sit in one, meet someone who is somehwere in the building process, etc.. Gotta start getting into the wonderful network and community that is these RV's. I'm sure that if that doesn't get the project up and rolling for us, nothing will. :)

oh, as a side note; VERY happy to see a forum for the RV's.. I couldn't believe it when I first started looking into these and all I saw was email lists... I've been on forums for cars/computers/etc since 2000, and absolutely LOVE them.. leaps and bounds ahead of email lists.. :)

Last edited:
Terry, posting pics is quite simple... First thing you have to do is find a place on the internet to host your picture. I use www.imageshack.us

It's absolutely free, no signing up, no email address needed to give out, etc. Just upload your picture.. Then copy the direct link it gives you for the picture...

Now, to post the pic in a post you make on here.. When you're typing in your post, look right above the text box. There is a yellow box with a mountain in it (tiny little landscape).. This is the Attach Picture button. Click on that.. Then simply paste in the address for the link to the direct picture that you got from image shack... :)

Yes - like this:

You have to click on the little picture that's above the place where you type - you end up pasting the image in to the dialogue box and then you get IMG tags before and after it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Bill Cloughley
City: Severna Park, Maryland
Engine: Mattituck TMX-360
Prop: Hartzell Blended CS Prop
Panel: Dynon FlightDEK-D180, Garmin 396, SL-30

I've always loved planes. Got my privates pilot's license in a C150 right after high school but didn't fly again for 20 years because of a Naval career and family. Started getting back into it about 10 years ago, first with a Kolb UltraStar (ultralight) and then with vintage gliders. Then my brother-in-law and I bought a Citabria project, restored it over 2 years, and now fly that around. I had always kind of wanted to build a kitplane, and after the Citabria, felt I could do it. I regarded RV's as the Cadillacs of the kitplane world, and just decided to go for it two years ago. I've made slow but steady progress. I can't believe how much I have learned. I'm so glad I started this project.

My Web Page: http://www.pilotbill.com

Last edited:
Thanks, Garrett and JMRV7. I finally figured it out and posted some pics on my intro on page 1.

Roberta Hegy
Builder and Pilot, but computer challenged!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mandatory Fields]
Name: Dave Oakes
City: Greenfield, Indiana
Configuration: RV-7A Slider Canopy, but I want to try to fit gull wing doors. I don't know if it is even possible, I just like to try.
Engine: I am looking at 180 horse
Prop: I have not decided

[Optional Fields]
Introduction: I am old and will do the quick build, and I am now taking IFR lessons. I hope to use glass and have all electric panel. No pictures yet I just ordered the tail kit yesterday.
I have begun to use the Expercraft log, it will be there that I will log and have pictures. Hopefull sometime soon.
I keep a watch on this site every day and learn much. I look forward to building and flying the RV.

So here I am . . . introducing myself.

Here we go:

Name: Garrett Smith
City: Huntsville, AL
Status: Building - finishing up the fuse kit, finish kit came in a few weeks ago.
Configuration: RV-7A, QB wings and fuse, tipper canopy, 0-360, Hartzell constant-speed prop (probably)

About me: Hmmmm. I got a couple rides from members of the TVRVBG , and now, suddenly, there are a bunch of RV parts in the garage. How did that happen? I'm still not sure.

This started as just my project, but as it's taking place in my dad's garage, it's turned into this big family thing. Great! The more the merrier, and the quicker we'll get it in the air -- in theory, anyway.

Anyway - I'm a computer geek by vocation, which keeps me pretty busy. Just for fun, I play a few different instruments - violin, mandolin, and guitar, and needless to say (although I'm about to say it), aviation is a pretty big hobby too.

Pictures:

Here's me working on the empennage (at Alexander Technical Center, actually):

45.jpg

And here's the (more or less) current state of the project:

1.jpg

Website: The address of the website -- which, I might add, has turned into nearly as large as a time sucker as building the actual plane -- is www.golfsierra.org.

I think that's about it.

- garrett

---------------------------------

Name: Todd Moeller
City: Auburn, Nebraska
Configuration: RV-7 / Tip-up Canopy / Slow Build
Engine: IO or IOF-360
Prop: Hartzell, CS, Blended Airfoil (Probably)

Introduction: I have been interested in flying for 20+ years. I have always put off learning to fly due to money or time constraints. I finally decided I had waited long enough and scheduled a discovery flight before going to Osh in 2003. I was immediately hooked. After coming back from Osh and taking a couple of lessons, I sent Van's a bunch of money for my empennage kit. Since then, I have completed my PPL, continuing (or should I say never ending) work on my wings, and I bought a Cherokee 140 so I can fly whenever I want while enjoying the RV building process. I am currently working hard to balance my time (and money) between building, flying and now maintaining a 2nd airplane. :D

Web page: RV Builders Log

Name: Kai Schumann
City: San Diego, California
Configuration: RV-7 / Slider Canopy / Slow Build
Engine: IO or IOF-360
Prop: Hartzell, CS - we'll see when the time comes

Introduction: I have been dreaming of building a kitplane for as long as I can remember. Had my sights set on a Rutan (long-ez) in highschool - visited the RAF half a dozen times but didnt have a place to build. My story seems to be like alot of people here - will be building as I get pilot training this summer. I'll most likely order the emp at Oshkosh this year.

NAME: Jeff Bordelon
Engine:Superior XP 360 plus
Configuration:RV-7A Tip-up QB Fuse and Wings
Prop:FP Prop brand-undecided

Personal Info:
43 years of age
IT Tech for 23 years
First plane ever and not my last, when this one finished I'll build another. I simply love building.
No private as of yet
Wife that travels every week ;o)
Fly R/C Copters for fun
Offer RV Fuselage stands to builders

Name: Philip Mercier
City: Vancouver, BC
Configuration: RV-7A Slider Canopy
Engine: Aerosport IO-360 180 HP
Prop: FP Sensenich

Introduction: I'm 52 and helping in the building of Mark's (brother)
RV-7A. After doing much of the work in a one car garage we finally moved
to a hangar at the Abbotsford airport. We're currently working on the Canopy.
Web page: http://members.toast.net/pmercier/project/index.html
:)

Name: Dean Grose
Engine: 6-cylinder eggenfellner subaru
Configuration: RV-7A, quickbuild, tip-up canopy
Prop: three blade MT supplied as part of eggenfellner package

Personal info:
age: 40yrs, private pilot plane, helicopter and gyrocopter. I built a RAF 200GTXse gyro and loved building so much I started another project. I am rated VFR only and am working on my instrument ticket.

Name: John Keen
City: Gold Coast
Configuration: RV-7 Slider Canopy
Engine: Well, we'll see when the time comes. Probably an O-360
Prop: c/s if the budget will stretch to it

Introduction: This is the perfect hobby as far as I'm concerned - I love building stuff, and well... I don't have to explain to you guys about the aeroplane thing, do I ;)
Strangely enough I've never actually learned to fly despite a lifelong obsession, so that's looming pretty large on the agenda.

IMG_0681-2.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

Web page: It's a start - I'm a graphic / web designer so a web log seemed the natural thing to do, but I've subsequently decided to use kitlog pro for the builder's log, and the website for a bit fun & tinkering:
http://www.jumo.com.au/rv7

Last edited:
Name: Gary Bataller
Status: Emp complete; wing just needs skins riveted;fuse kit ordered
Configuration: RV-7A Tip-up canopy
Engine: IO-360A1B6 purchased
Prop: c/s
Other: added Extended Range fuel tanks (extra 9 gallons)

Introduction: My prior kits were: Kitfox, RV6A, Murphy Super Rebel and currently building the RV7A. I was an active 'poster' back in the early 90's during my RV6A days (use the Matronics archive search engine and search for 'bataller' under 'RV'). I also own a 1960 M35 V-tail Bonanza which is a great, IFR traveling machine. When I started the Kitfox in 1989 I had 4 kids in the house. My last one will start college in the Fall, so it will be just my wife and our 2, basset hounds.
I fly in the Hayward/Laughlin air race every year, and hope to enter the RV7A when it is complete.

Name: Mike Frazier
City: Ft Worth, TX
Engine: 180 HP Lycoming or Clone
Prop: Undecided

Hey everyone, I just made the decision in the last month or so that the RV-7A is the A/C for me. I am currently cleaning up the finanaces to enable me to begin. I should be ordering the plans in a week or so and then the tail kit a month or so after that. I can't tell y'all how excited I am about this. Actually, I bet everyone can relate pretty well. :D

Once I get started, I will let you know.

BTW, it was seeing the support/comraderie in this community and hearing the reviews and stories of Van's customer support which swayed me this way. I know no one builds a quality A/C alone, so it's good to know where to go for questions.

Name: Mike Newall
City: Harrogate
Engine: TMX IO-360 LASAR
Prop: MT 3 Blade

Introduction: Following a completion of a Christen Eagle, my brother, Ray and I ordered the QB kit. As the dollar was in our favour we ordered the engine and prop at the same time. Excellent advice from Mahlon at Mattituck. Building at home in a converted stable block, I have a Champ, he has a Cub so we still get airbourne. I am a longhaul Captain with MyTravel, a large holiday company in the UK and fly Airbus A330 and A320.

Name: Dave Setser
City: Arlington, MA
Configuration: RV-7, still undecided on canopy type
Engine: Some flavor of O/IO-360
Prop: Probably a C/S, depending on finances

Introduction: By day I'm a project manager and flight test engineer working on certified aircraft - transport-category helicopters, fixed-wing GA and bizjets. After hours, I'm pounding rivets in the basement until my wife and stepdaughter can't stand it any more! Been flying since 1981, also a CFII/MEI and do some occasional instructing. Pics and status are on our website - http://www.mightyarcher.com/rv7

Rv7av8r

Name: John M Adams
City: Seattle
Configuration: RV-7 Slider
Engine: O-360 A1A
Prop: Sensenich

Introduction: Started the QB 7 in July 01 and finished in July 04. It flys perfect.
Pilot photo:
Project photo:
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Name: Scott Fechtig
City: Great Mills, MD
Configuration: RV-7 / Canopy TBD
Engine: probably Superior or Mattituck -360
Prop: probably fixed (Catto?)

Introduction: I'm a human factors/crew systems engineer for the F/A-18 program at Pax River, MD. Formerly a Navy pilot, flew mostly A-3s and S-3s.

Name: Tim Piscitelli
City: Dover, DE
Configuration: RV-7 / Canopy tip up
Engine: not sure yet
Prop: constant speed?

Hi all Im a 27 year old Air Force flight engineer. Stationed at Dover AFB DE on the C-5 Galaxy. Im still working on my private ticket but while I finish that up I hope to be starting on my emp kit next month sometime. So Im sure I will be regularly bugging people on here with all kinds of questions.
Thanks for all the help so far everyone.
Tim Piscitelli
[email protected]

Name: Bill Repucci
City: Huntersville, NC
Configuration: RV-9 / Canopy tip up
Engine: O-290
Prop: Wood

Just thought I would add to this list since I cross post over here as well.

I?m building a -9 slow build, no, not a -9A and a lot of what is covered over here applies to my -9 since very few tail dragger -9?s have been sold.

There have been times when I wonder why a -9 over a -7 because I?m sure I will miss the occasional roll, loop, or hammer head but then I think of fuel burn I?m expecting out of my O-290 along with the rising fuel prices and I get over it quickly.

Name: Bryon Stewart
Configuration: RV-7A Tip-up
Current status: Wings
Engine: Planning on an 0-320
Prop: Planning on a Catto

Currently trying to finish up the wings (slow-build). I ordered a QB fuse kit which is due in October. I have been building since 1/12/04, 482 hrs so far.

Last edited:
Name: Grant Edwards
City: Adelaide
Configuration: RV-7 / Tip up canopy
Engine: At this stage an Aero sport IO-360
Prop: At this stage a Whirlwind 200RV C/S prop

Info:
I'm a licenced avionics engineer from Australia. I'm building this with my dad. We are going halves in all cost's so that makes things much easier. We recieved our empannage kit on the 21st of April this year. We have not started contruction yet because we are waiting for our "RV Building shed" to be finished.

knotkrazy

undefined
Name: Marty Esther
City: Jasper, GA
Config: -7 Slider
Engine: Superior XP-360
Prop: Black Mac 3-blade

Hi All,

We're in the North Georgia mountains, about an hour and a half from Atlanta. I'm based at Hartsfield Int'l Airport with Airtran Airways as a Boeing 717 Captain. In my off time I fly model planes & helicopters and am a general airport bum. Have ATP, CFI/II/MEI, DC-9 / 717 & some biz-jet type ratings. Nicole (the soon-to-be wife) & I have three parrots, two dogs and a rodent of some sort. Outside pets include dozens of deer, twenty or so turkeys and two bears (see the web site). We built our home ourselves & literally built it around the 500+ sq ft workshop for the RV!

After I finished the -8 empennage, Nicole decided that crossing the country looking at the back of my head wasn't gonna happen......bye-bye -8 parts, hello -7 kit! Come visit us at www.knotkrazy.com!

:confused: Update....Sorry the site's not up yet. An old version of frontpage barfed on my new laptop. Look for it in the next few days!

:) 717ME reserved.

Last edited:
Name: Jason Rouault
City: Fort Collins, CO
Config: -7A Slider
Engine: leaning towards a super charged Subaru
Prop: leaning towards a MT 3-blade

Builders Log: http://www.rouault.us

headshot-thumbnail.jpeg

Hello--

I am building an RV-7A with sliding canopy. I am currently working on the tanks. For those interested, my build progress can be tracked by visiting www.rouault.us.

When I am not pounding rivets, I am either spending time with my family or I am busy at work making money to pay for the next portion of my plane!

Cheers,

Jason

Last edited:
Name: Jeremy Caesar
City: Williamtown NSW
Config: Tail drag / -7 Slider
Engine: ?
Prop: ?

G'day all, :)
Well as the post suggested I am here to introduce myself, I am just about to make a payment for my empanage and start in a month or so, Still have yet to take a flight in an RV. I am from Australia, and can't wait to get started, It's always been a dream to own an aircraft, and now its becoming a reality, I can't wait. If there are any other builders in NSW and would be willing to let me have a look at their aircraft I would be awfully greatfull, email me jeremydotcaesaratdefencedotgovdotau

Dennis Ellett
Beresford, South Dakota about 40 miles south of Sioux Falls.
I am wrapping up the emp. and have the wings inventoried.
RV 7A IFR I currently am unsure about the engine.

I am the technology director for a local government and moved to the area about three years ago and to the farm about a year ago. I live by myself so other than the hours at work and trying to fix up the place I work on the plane. I am on the pay as you go plan. I laugh a little listening to others and how they afford their habit. I have no phone, no cable, and my Toyota just passed 280,000 miles but I must say it is a good life. Now if I could keep the cows out of the way the pasture in the front yard would make a great grass strip.

Name: __mark manda________
City: _Riverside, SoCal EAA chapter one__
Configuration: RV-7A Slider Canopy QB
Engine: Lycon IO-360 M1B/exp 10 hrs. dyno'ed
Prop: Whirlwind 200 RV (last CA prop)

working on wiring, father and son project, if dad doesn't like it we pull it out and we do it over. not on gear yet.

quit counting around 400hrs. after canopy completed.

'79 Cessna 182, '48 Cessna 140, HR-II canoe plus wings almost done.

hope to fly by my dad's birthday sept. 24th. 2005 (although making it to OSH without paint would work too)

Last edited:
Name: John Courte
City: Los Angeles
Configuration: RV-7 Tip-up
Engine: Not sure yet, but the current roundup is IO-360 variant, Renesis rotary, Dynacam (if they ever get it together), or Deltahawk DH180-A4.
Prop: constant-speed, 3-blade if I can afford it.

Introduction:
I've been a flight nerd since I could walk. Sometimes I stray, but I always come back, because there's nothing that brings that little-kid fascination back like aircraft. I do computer graphic effects for movies and commercials, and got my private ticket a few years back, but renting a glacially slow Cherokee 180 for 3 figures an hour isn't exactly "the dream of flight." That dream pretty much wears off when you realize the crushed velour upholstery has been soaking up cigarette smoke and sweat since the Ford administration.

Why the RV-7? Bang for the buck, well-proven design, and I just plain think it's a beautiful airplane. I'm not looking to win races or haul a deer home in the back (although one of the Van's pages says there's room for a stuffed moose). My mission is day/night VFR, upgradeable to IFR and the ability to get my IFR ticket in the plane I build. Oh, and to be able to day-trip SF or Vegas with the wife.

Web page: http://stjohn.openbar.com/airplane
Pretty much all shop setup and unpacking. so far.

Introduction and first time post

First of all, I would like to stress how valuable I have found this website as my wife and I have prepared for construction of our -7. Thanks in advance to all of you that may help us out with our struggles along the way!

Here is my intro:

Name: Rob Johnson
City: Normal, IL (yes, that is a real city :) )
Engine: believe that we will go with IO-360-A1B6
Prop: Hartzell C/S

Web page: http://www.n826rc.com

HEY ROB!! When are you gonna come over??

Name: Chad Jensen
City: Normal, IL (as Rob says, it is real, and normal!)
Configuration: RV-7 / It will have a canopy of some sort / Slow Build
Engine: Renesis Rotary is the plan
Prop: Catto 3 blade

Introduction: My dad took me to the airport in Stuart, FL starting when I was two years old, and I couldn't think of anything else better since then. I am 28 years of age, and I am an Aircraft Broker. I have owned two airplanes, a 1974 Cherokee 140 and a 1968 Cherokee 180. I sold my share in the last one to concentrate on my CFI. Hold a Commercial certificate with Instrument and Multi-engine ratings, as well as a Ground Instructor cert. I am, like many, unsure how I am going to pay for all of this fun, but I'll figure it out. Right now, I am just loving the learning process and working on the empennage. My wife is my rivet-bangin' partner. Check us out on our home page, and my builder page is there as well.

Web page: http://www.chadandbrittne.com

Back