What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel planning G3X

duckwings

I'm New Here
Hi all,

long time reader 1st time poster...... probably the best forum i have every come across (not just comparing aviation forums)

anywho down to the dirt of this post....

I'm building an RV7 tip up.
i'm set on the G3X touch 10" (GDU 46x) with the possibility of an extra 7" (GDU 45x)
i'm hoping it is possible to set up the system so the 7 " only displays comm's, txpdr and intercom. (all remote box's) anyone have experience in this?

The 10" will be all primary nav (ADAHRS, DG, VSI, ASI) and engine instruments..
then Ipad mounted along the panel.

so..... the problem i've run into (only in the planning stage still)

the panel mounting screws interfere with placement of the GDU 46 where i want it straight in front of me as PIC.
I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions/options on what i can do here to modify the mounting of the panel to fit in the screen?

or is anyone else with same model and set up can comment on how the placement goes if you have the GDU 46x off set to the side so it doesn't interfere with the mounting screws?

thank you in advanced :D

Terry

Move the panel ribs. Tons of post here in the archives about doing that. If you have only one screen on the pilot side, your gonna want at least the PFD part of it centered on the pilot. Vans designed that panel setup for steam gauges not large EFIS screens.

Move the panel ribs. Tons of post here in the archives about doing that. If you have only one screen on the pilot side, your gonna want at least the PFD part of it centered on the pilot. Vans designed that panel setup for steam gauges not large EFIS screens.

I drilled angles to the ribs and subpanel before cutting and moving them.
Also before any cutting, make sure you make and drilll the small angles that attach to the decks.

Back