What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

796 data base problems

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Man you guy's can have this. Give me a hammer and wrench any day. Been since noon today and I doubt I have gained a full inch.
First can someone help (Yes I have contacted Garmin and it's not enough)?
I purchased a bundled package for North America from FlyGarmin.com Paid in CDN dollars finally all is good there. Received an e-mail from Garmin shortly after saying I can go to FlyGarmin.com your order is ready for down load. From what I see at flygarmin.com , I have one order that is not complete. When I click on complete order , for IFR/VFR charts ,I must chose between Canada or the USA. I thought if I would chose North America I would get both? What the point in choosing North America I should have chosen only one and paid for one? Same question for obstacles?
Thanks Ron

Hello Ron,

As you know, your Aera 796 has 7 databases.

As shown on our database pricing page, the North America Database Bundle that you purchased includes Garmin Navigation, Obstacle, SafeTaxi, Airport Directory, FliteCharts, IFR/VFR Charts, and Terrain (9AS) databases.

While the Navigation, FliteCharts, Terrain, SafeTaxi, and Obstacle databases provide merged coverage for both U.S. and Canada, you will need to choose between the U.S. or Canada for the Airport Directory, and IFR/VFR Chart databases because merged versions of those do not exist and the Aera 796 can only hold one each of all databases.

This is why you are being asked to answer that question on FlyGarmin.

Thanks,
Steve

Apparently the last data base package on the list of seven updates , Jeppesen, is not for the 796 and should not be selected. As soon as Garmin advised me of this the downloads went right ahead.

Back