What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling any PTK RV pilots...

goatflieg

Well Known Member
I did a search of PTK here, and found some older threads about Van's RV pilots at PTK. Since I recently became a hangar tenant, I've started to meet some of my hangar neighbors and understand there's quite a few RV builders on the field. I met my future DAR Ted Gauthier awhile back at an open house. I look forward to meeting more of my fellow fliers at PTK... and if any of you happen to follow these VAF forums, feel free to introduce yourself. I'm at the point of my build where it will be helpful to seek some local advice on some details. I'm a member of EAA 113 at Mettetal, which is a great group... but a lot further away than PTK, so not as readily available as a fellow tenant.

Experimentals at KPTK

Martin:
Ted (N16TG), Dave Pohl (N442DP) and me (N323TP) occupy three adjacent spots in E row. There are a couple of other RVs on the field elsewhere, as well as Velocities, Long Eze (at least two), a Defiant, etc.

We meet every Saturday around 7:30 for breakfast at Jerry's Coney Island (Highland Rd., just East of Airport Rd) before heading to the hangars. Anywhere from 6 to 15 pilots - some experimental, some corporate, airline, balloon, etc. Feel free to join us if you'd like. No intimidation, just interrogation.

Another airport to check out is Ray Community (57D). It's a little further drive for you, but they have a VERY active EAA chapter (13), and have open meetings with guest speakers the first Thursday of every month. Look up my brother Mike, if you go (RV6 -N8491K). I think about half of the aircraft based at Ray are experimental.

Hope to see you at breakfast or on the flight line at PTK. We can shuttle you around to meet some of the other characters there.

Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Thanks for the info, Terry. I met Curt Martin the other day; got some photos of him in the pattern with his Long-EZ and introduced myself after he landed. We could have talked all day; you know how that goes. He told me about the Jerry's meetings, and I'll have to do that soon. I've been a member at 113 for a few years now; go to one or two of their Thursday meetings every month. I've visited 57D, but haven't attended a 13 meeting yet. I'll have to do that too. BTW, I see the CFI in your signature... where/when do you instruct?

Back