What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft jacks for RV-7

FutureRV

Any recommendations for purchasing a aircraft jack? I want to remove main bear wheel to grease and inspect.
Cheers,
David

Are you up for a DIY solution?

If you are willing to put in a little work Kiitplanes recently posted an article on a do-it-yourself aircraft Jack set for RVs. If you're a kid Kitpanes subscriber you can just go on their website and get the article. If you're not, private message me with your email address and I'll send the article to you. I strongly recommend subscribing to Kitplanes for anyone on this list. It's well worth the money.

Charlie

If you are willing to put in a little work Kiitplanes recently posted an article on a do-it-yourself aircraft Jack set for RVs. If you're a kid Kitpanes subscriber you can just go on their website and get the article. If you're not, private message me with your email address and I'll send the article to you. I strongly recommend subscribing to Kitplanes for anyone on this list. It's well worth the money.

Charlie

Will check out the Kit Plane article. Thanks

I have this one and like it

Check out these guys. " wintermotorsports.com" . I have this on my build. Was going to build one, but this one allows you to jack up on the road with a simple sissor jack or floor jack. Easy to install and light to carry around.

If I don't feel like using the lever with gear leg cradle I bought from someone in here, I just hoist the plane at the engine mount with a Harbor Freight engine hoist and 2 foot strap. Works very well.

Jacking for wheel and brake Maintance

Wintermotorsports.com
And Flyboy accessories carry the Jackpoints.

Will check out the Kit Plane article. Thanks

The article is in the September 2015 issue. Like I mentioned before if you can't get your hands on it just send me a private message with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Back