What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Updated "the tool"

hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
For the handful of you who have looked at or used this spreadhsheet, I have posted a new version in a SkyDrive folder for VAF and the link to the folder is:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5DEF67F4664CEDAE!185
The new file is version 3-3.

On my website are several much older versions but this is the latest and, I think, best. Ignore the message that pops up when you open it about updating links to other files.

It does not do well if you try to open it on the web but in my testing it downloaded OK and could then be opened with Excel or any program that can read that format.

The change is that I added coefficient of lift. It computes it at the weight and speed entered in the group of fields to its right which are for the point where best L/D happens. I used data from the CAFE test of the 6A but you can enter whatever data you like.

I theorize that the CL for any model that uses the old airfoil (pre- "9") should have approximately the same CL. Certainly the wing is the same, but since we are including the fuse in the span and thus in the area, maybe not exactly the same.

Back