What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

borescopes for rent

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I recently made an inquiry about high quality borescopes for checking the valves of my RV-12 and SR-22. The price was too high to justify for using only 1 or 2 times per year. In the course of that conversation, the vendor announced that they had struck a deal with a company that will rent borescopes with DIY aircraft maintainers as their target market. IIRC, they were going to make them available for 1 or 2 weeks at a time.

I have no affiliation with, nor have even done business with them(yet), but this strikes me as a win-win-win concept.

If you are interested, the point of contact for this new opportunity is
Mathew Kaparic
Advanced Test Equipment Corporation
Account Manager
858-558-6500 x 312
[email protected]
www.atecorp.com

Hope this is of value to someone!
-dbh

Hi all,

I recently made an inquiry about high quality borescopes for checking the valves of my RV-12 and SR-22. The price was too high to justify for using only 1 or 2 times per year. In the course of that conversation, the vendor announced that they had struck a deal with a company that will rent borescopes with DIY aircraft maintainers as their target market. IIRC, they were going to make them available for 1 or 2 weeks at a time.

I have no affiliation with, nor have even done business with them(yet), but this strikes me as a win-win-win concept.

If you are interested, the point of contact for this new opportunity is
Mathew Kaparic
Advanced Test Equipment Corporation
Account Manager
858-558-6500 x 312
[email protected]
www.atecorp.com

Hope this is of value to someone!
-dbh

There are several at DLZ that I'm sure that you can borrow.

bob

I don?t remember Details, but on internet a inexpensive setup to use with your
cell phone ! My previous a/p used to inspect inside tubes of rag/tube aircraft !

Scope

Not sure what you consider is too expensive. I purchased a Vividia 980 articulating scope at SnFun last year on sale for $300. It shows a great picture on my cell or tablet connected via USB. The articulation allows for a great view of the valves and combustion chamber. It is handy to have it available to inspect the valves whenever I remove the plugs or just wish to have a look at hard to see things when I have inspection covers off. FWIW.

Al

Back