What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV10 owners/builders near 58T (Rhome, TX)?

Good Morning All!

I'm an aspiring RV10 builder currently grounded due to my former boss running out of $. I got my aviation fix for the past 25 years flying corporate until the discretionary income stops and the airplane gets sold.

After this last bump in the road I decided to secure more stable employment and work as an instructor pilot at Bombardier (although I'd go back to flying in a heartbeat if the right 91 job came up). My wife has urged me to get flying again and is the driving force behind a potential RV build. She is 200% behind a build and bought a bunch of new shelving for the shop specifically to be used for a build. Also didn't want to buy a factory airplane as I'm not an A&P and I've had to sign off on $1.4MM inspections. I also want the ability to use the latest and greatest flight instruments and engine controls.

Would like to find someone near me (I'm about 30 minutes north of Ft. Worth) that is in process of building a -10 or has a completed one we can view.

Also like to offer if any member close by needs some lathe work, aluminum/stainless/mild steel welding or CNC plasma work please let me know as I'm always up to pay it forward and help other aviation enthusiasts if I can. My hangar is climate controlled and comfortable to work in.

Back