What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitts Specials dominate Ace's High contest in Newton KS.

ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
Well, except for 2nd place out of five competitors in primary anyway :)

29539992931_bf42cb256e_o.jpg

Neat trivia that is rather RV-specific: I flew from KSGS to KEWK (about 450nm) on an IFR plan at 12,000ft with a significant headwind for most of the trip. I landed with well over IFR reserves (two hours) and flew the two primary sequences for the contest without needing additional fuel.

Last edited:
I heard you on center frequency cleared to SGS climbing to 11K yesterday about 3pm! I was just about to start my descent into OWI.

I heard you on center frequency cleared to SGS climbing to 11K yesterday about 3pm! I was just about to start my descent into OWI.

Hah - cool! Was a great flight home - even got the Elvis Impersonator controller from ZKC. That dude cracks me up every time :)

I watched Brad fly while assisting on the judge?s line and can attest to his fine performance. He?s a great example of proving the ?Total Performance? of Van?s aircraft. His RV6A is IFR with exceptional cross country capability but also engages in dogfighting, aerobatics and all this without breaking the bank. Hope to see you at Seward next year, it?ll give me time to withdraw my head from that dark place it inhabited this contest ;-)

Cheers, Hans

Bradley,

Congratulations on an outstanding showing for your first IAC competition! You flew two clean flights with some very nice scores. I hope you enjoyed the experience and plan to compete again and again. It's addictive!

Back