What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a pic of your FINISHED RV-7/7A!!!

VH-XRC

First Flight Sep last year.
Painted and 100hrs later...

3310001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

Jon,
I do get down south with it relatively regularly. Parked it ay YMMB over xmas before paint.
Im heading to Cobram then Temora for Easter.
im looking forward to seeing your paint job in the flesh as well. Looks flash!
Cheers

Jon,
I do get down south with it relatively regularly. Parked it ay YMMB over xmas before paint.
Im heading to Cobram then Temora for Easter.
im looking forward to seeing your paint job in the flesh as well. Looks flash!
Cheers

Richard -

Next time you head down south feel welcome to park it at my place (Little River). We are 7NM north of Avalon. Naturally RV's stay as long as they want for free and I'll even shoot out of town and collect you and give you lift back to the CBD - good excuse for some RV banter!

Drop me an email at [email protected] if you are heading south.

Your paint job looks great. I'm tidying up the final touches and hope to be flying in 6 weeks or so....

Cheers,

Jon.

Add another to the meter N1948P flew yesterday

Finally got her done!!!!! And what a wonderful airplane to fly. Thanks for all of you and all of you posting to this forem, can't tell you how much all of you helped me in the build process. All went well, the only issue was the airspeed on my D-100 was accurate at low speeds and off about 15 short at high speeds. Have to work on that one. Four Years and 2,200 hrs of pure pleasure building, now what?? FLY I guess!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats N1948P

Congrats on your first flight! Sharp looking bird, I like the simplicity of your panel.

How do you like the vertical center console you have under the panel? Do your legs feel cramped at all?

First Flight N1948P

Corey, I will have to let you know on the vertical center console later, doesn't seem to bother me so far, but I only have .75 hrs on it.
Thanks,
Don

Finished....

Finally finished the last parts of my RV 7. The gear leg farings and wheel pants complete the plane. Now with over 60 hours on it, and no major squawks, I am finished with the build of my plane. I'm seeing over 180 TAS!!!

Wayne
DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

P1000567.jpg

P1000568.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

Motivation

WHOOOOWWWW
What a plane....
Pictures like this keeps us builders motivated for a loooong time:)
Nice job. One of the better :)

Painting about done

Flying a little bit and should have the bugs
worked out soon.
Painted in the 100* heat.
Lookin better.:D:D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

34hv42q.jpg

2z7gxgp.jpg

4qonc.jpg

Here it is, been flying a few years, but now the gear legs are done, a number of other finishing touches finally done, the annual is done and it is flying beautifully.

O-320, WW151, Sam James Cowl and Plenum--otherwise generally stock.

165 KTS at 8 gph (little less fuel, but for flight plan).
145 KTS at 6.5 gph

A real joy to fly, and to build. Thanks to Stein, Jed, Doug, Paul, Jenny, Gleason, Christer, and the other Doug (K) who all helped me figure things out.

To be fair to Steinair, this is not one of their panels...they just helped me with advice during the builds and the first two years of flying.

Your plane really turned out great John. I love the paint job and 165 Kts on < 8gph, outstanding!

Paul Danclovic
Jamestown NC
RV-8A N181SB

C-GIME

Here is a photo of C-GIME. I also posted some more photos and info over in the Virtual Hangar section.

IMG_2351.jpg

Matt P.

RV-7 (PT-ZOA)

Well, this is my 2009 finished RV-7, brazilian registered. flying Santa Catarina State, Brazil

973d4g.jpg

RV-7 (Serial # 72920) VH-JWC

RV-7 S/N 72920 VH-JWC
Little River, Melbourne, Australia.
Standard kit - 3 1/2 year build / 2000hrs approx
Long Range Outboard Leading edge tanks (300L total fuel capacity).
AeroSportPower IO-360-M1 180HP Inverted Fuel/Oil
Hartzell Constant Speed Blended Airfoil
Dual GRT HX EFIS and EIS. Garmin 430W. Avmap EKP-IV. Trutrak DII VSGV. SL-40. GTX-327. PSE 9000EX. Approach Fast Stack integration.
Hooker Harness. Classic Aero Interior.
PPG Deltron Paint system (Audi colours: Solar Orange, Daytona Grey, Aluminium Silver).

Currently in Phase 1 with 15 faultless hours on the Hobbs...

Never thought I would fall in love with an aircraft...?!

vhjwc1.jpg

vhjwc2.jpg

marty8.png

marty9.png

dsc0110l.jpg

dsc0099m.jpg

:D NOW THAT is a beauty!
i just love that paint. what was the inspiration for the scheme?
thanks for some great pics. congratulations!

Hi Pete

Thanks for the compliments.

I walked into an Audi dealership one day and cast my eyes over one of these...

audisolarorange.jpg

....and there is the primary inspiration.

I combined Audi Solar Orange with two other Audi Colours (Daytona Grey and Aluminium Silver). I came up with the design for the chequers etc.....to add a bit of a racy flavour.

I was considering orange for my paint job but i must admit I had fear. Everyone was trying to talk me out of it......until i saw the Audi TT and then I was sold. The Audi TT looks absolutely amazing in Solar Orange.

My RV gets interesting reactions (it seems to polarise people). The limited few who have seen it either love it or hate it.....there doesn't seem to be much grey area in between!

Obviously I love it but everyone is entitled to their own opinion....:)

One thing no one can argue with....its VERY easy to see in the air which makes a small fast aircraft that little bit safer....!

Cheers

Jon

Last edited:
that's great inspiration. nice to see something a bit different than white i have to say.
yeah the interior isn't so bad either;) absolutely great work.
back to building....

Jon, put me in the "Love it" column.

I am getting the same reaction with I mention my yellow/purple/green scheme. you either love or puke. I have one friend who was real quiet at first, but now that I have it at the airport and he has seen it up close, he really likes it now.

Good work inside and out.

Thanks Brian

Just remember - you build your aircraft for yourself and no-one else. Negative comments generally come from the envious.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Jon

After two years of flying I finally went and took some air-to-air pics of my -7. Big thanks to my buddy Dave who not only worked hard to help me get it built but took over 150 amazing pics yesterday. And also to another buddy Jerry Hinson - all around pilot extraordinaire - who flew photo-ship in his C-177 Cardinal.

j9qqNIwVwfkEZr8Vy4EGdSG6D7q5AMjksVDz5zcVleA

I ran into these guys getting fuel at Anuhauc about to go up and take some pictures. The inside is just as fine as the outside. Very very nice plane.

After two years of flying I finally went and took some air-to-air pics of my -7. Big thanks to my buddy Dave who not only worked hard to help me get it built but took over 150 amazing pics yesterday. And also to another buddy Jerry Hinson - all around pilot extraordinaire - who flew photo-ship in his C-177 Cardinal.

j9qqNIwVwfkEZr8Vy4EGdSG6D7q5AMjksVDz5zcVleA

Simply awesome Clayton.

Congrats.

Very nice!

Great pic! Beautiful paint scheme. Very clear and focused shot. Was this a high dollar camera?

E.

FINISHED!

I just finished her this month. 6 1/2 years. Ups & Downs. Yesterday I took Ginny to Columbus for breakfast and both my boys for their first RV rides!:D
DSCN3281.JPG

ready to fly

Waiting for the Airworthiness Certificate.

hwlg6h.jpg

2n0iwkn.jpg

RV 7 Slider QB, O-360, FP,
EFIS GRT Sport, TT Digiflight II VS, Garmin GPS 695, Garmin GMA 240, NAV/COM SL 30, COM SL 40, GTX 330, GRT EIS

Finished!

Finally I can present N155BK, "Aurora".
RV-7build1136.jpg

RV-7build1132.jpg

Aurora is the Roman name for the Goddess of the Dawn. Her name simply means "the dawn, daybreak, or sunrise". Her name may be related to Latin aurum, meaning "gold", through the shared idea of brightness.
Ovid tells of Her in his Metamorphoses: he describes Her as being ever-young, and the first to awake, so that She may bring the light of day in Her chariot which She rides into the sky ahead of the Sun. She has a purple mantle that spreads out behind Her as She rides; and She is said to scatter roses and flowers before Her. Others describe Her with great white wings, like Eos. She is said to be the mother of the four winds; though this part of Her legend is Greek, one variant spelling of Her name, Aurura, has the meaning of "breeze or wind".
An aurora is of course also the name for the phenomenon of the northern (or southern) lights, great displays of shifting colors in the skies of the far north and south. Aurora borealis is said to mean "red dawn of the north", and was given its name by Galileo Galilei, the scientist who discovered the moons of Jupiter. Aurorae are caused by solar particles interacting with gasses in the Earth's atmosphere. The Earth's magnetic field funnels these particles to the poles (both north and south), where they emit light, in colors ranging from red to yellow-green to blue and violet, depending on the atmospheric molecule the particles come in contact with. They are generally said to look like shifting curtains or veils of light, evoking Aurora's purple cloak blowing behind Her as She rides across the sky.

Happy Birthday Aurora
Aurora.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats

Awesome Brian. Love the SJ Cowl.

Looking forward to hearing of your first flight.

Enjoy your Phase 1.

Regards,

Jon

Back