What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ailoron travel

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Anyone know the travel limits expected for the ailerons. The up has a stop at around 29 degrees but I'm wandering what the down should be?
Thanks

Finally figured it out, it does not matter how much , it is what it is. I've been asking this question for quite some time now without an answer and all this time there is non. You get what you end up with and that is that.

Not sure about the -14, but on most RVs typical aileron travel is 25-30? up and 12-15? down.

On my Elevator I hit the piece of Angle Aluminum on the empennage top surface with the elevator horns about 2 degrees short of the travel spec too, but at that point there was nothing a person could do to fix it. In the end, it flies great and I don't ever come close to using the travel limits that I have.
Ailerons I can't remember off hand though.

On my Elevator I hit the piece of Angle Aluminum on the empennage top surface with the elevator horns about 2 degrees short of the travel spec too, but at that point there was nothing a person could do to fix it. In the end, it flies great and I don't ever come close to using the travel limits that I have.
Ailerons I can't remember off hand though.
Tim,
You could file the angle. It will take less than 1/8". I had to file both ends of the hole the elevator horns go through to get the desired travel limits. This was suggested by Vans.
Marvin

Back