What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AntiSplat RV-7A Control Lock Review

N742GB

I'm New Here
Hi everyone I'm a new RV-7A owner and purchased the control lock that AntiSplat offers. Overall it works great, but the small kickstand that is used as leverage to install the control lock bent when I applied light to moderate foot pressure (what I would consider very reasonable) during installation. It still works though and I assume that it was a "one off" type of thing. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. I'm excited to be a part of this great RV community and look forward to learning from all of you.

Have had mine for three years, use it a lot and love it! Simple, light, and very solid.

Mine works great. I've got it set up so that there isn't a whole lot of tension required to straighten the device to get the collar over the base, so no need for the foot pedal. It stays put and works great to secure the controls.

I think you decrease the tension by shortening the lock with the adjustment pins. Doesn't take much torque to work. I never use the foot piece to place. Put it in by hand and has never come loose. Too much torque is just asking for something to break in the future.

As said before, give them a call.

Hi everyone I'm a new RV-7A owner and purchased the control lock that AntiSplat offers. Overall it works great, but the small kickstand that is used as leverage to install the control lock bent when I applied light to moderate foot pressure (what I would consider very reasonable) during installation. It still works though and I assume that it was a "one off" type of thing. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. I'm excited to be a part of this great RV community and look forward to learning from all of you.

....We have not had this issue so it was most likely an adjustment learning curve. Drop me an E-Mail with your name, address, and model information so we can send you a new one. Thanks, Allan...:D

Back