What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTX 335 w/GPS and Antenna, $2,995

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
If someone is looking for an all-in-one ADS-B Out panel mount transponder, Garmin is running a promotion that is $800 off list price.

Garmin is pleased to announce a new GTX 335 w/GPS ADS-B transponder kit, available at a promotional list price of only $2,995.00, now through December 29, 2017.

The new promotional kit bundles the GTX 335 w/GPS with a GA 35 WAAS antenna, offering customers a completely standalone ADS-B “Out” solution.

The part number for this promotional kit is K10-00276-03. Note that this promotion is for the panel mount GTX 335 w/GPS, but not the remote mount GTX 335R w/GPS.

VAF_978%20Feb.%2008%2017.33.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
2nd Question

What is the GTX 335R? How does that differ from the GTX 335? Is the GTX 335 in this offer IFR qualified or does the consumer have to by a separate altitude encoder for it?

Will the Garmin G335 fit in the same rack and Space as a non-WAAS 330?

Hello Jim,

The GTX 335 w/GPS is the same height and width as the GTX 330, but needs a different rack for several reasons. It is shorter in depth than the GTX 330/330ES, and also has a second connector on the back to connect the GA 35 WAAS GPS antenna.

The GTX 335/345 depth is 10.09 in. to the back of the connector.

The GTX 330ES depth is 11.25 in. to the back of the connector, so the GTX 335/345 is 1.16 in. shorter than the GTX 330ES.

For reference in case someone asks, the behind panel depth for the GTX 327 is 8.77 in. to the back of the connector backshell.

Thanks,
Steve

What is the GTX 335R? How does that differ from the GTX 335? Is the GTX 335 in this offer IFR qualified or does the consumer have to by a separate altitude encoder for it?

Hello Jim,

The GTX 335R is a remote mount transponder and is not part of this promotion.

The GTX 335 w/GPS is a TSO'd transponder and includes a fully 2020 compliant WAAS GPS position source built into the transponder.

If you don't have a pressure altitude source, you may also buy a small altitude encoder module that attaches to the back of the transponder rack for ~$250.

quarter-blue.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

Question

Steve
I have an Garmin 430W and Garmin 327 transponder. I would not need the GPS since my 430W has it. Will this transponder work for me?

I read about depth dimensions and wondered how this would be different than 327 tray.

Just need someone to educate me on what my options are.

I have dual AFS 3400 screens with SV.

Thanks
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

Steve
I have an Garmin 430W and Garmin 327 transponder. I would not need the GPS since my 430W has it. Will this transponder work for me?

I read about depth dimensions and wondered how this would be different than 327 tray.

Just need someone to educate me on what my options are.

I have dual AFS 3400 screens with SV.

Thanks
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

Hello Darren,

This transponder should work for you (just need to get pressure altitude from your EFIS or add the little GAE 12 altitude module), but it does include the built-in GPS that you don't actually need.

There isn't presently a promotion running on the GTX 335 without GPS, so it is actually about the same price as the one with GPS.

It is rather nice having the GPS built-into the transponder. As long as the transponder is on, it has the GPS data it needs to provide rule compliant ADS-B Out so it doesn't matter if your GNS 430W is turned off or out of the plane for service, you can still fly and be legal.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
Is this ok for the Certified aircraft also or specfically for the home builts"

Also, I thought the GTX335 was without the GPS and the GTX345 included the GPS built in.

Paul

Well that figures, bought mine six months or so ago.:(
Just got mine in January, I feel ya!

If it helps, I swapped my 327 for the 335; I had to enlarge the existing subpanel hole by an inch or two inboard, but only to fit the connector shell & additional coax line; though it is deeper, the body of the transponder did NOT penetrate through the subpanel on my -9A tip-up, not sure how it would be on a slider.

Steve,
Is this ok for the Certified aircraft also or specfically for the home builts"

Also, I thought the GTX335 was without the GPS and the GTX345 included the GPS built in.

Paul

Hello Paul,

The GTX 335 transponder is TSO'd and may be installed in all aircraft.

Both the GTX 335 and the GTX 345 are available with/without the built-in GPS.

The GTX 345 is not only ADS-B Out like the GTX 335, but also receives ADS-B traffic and weather.

Thanks,
Steve

im looking at the 345 and a G3 to replace my 327 and 696.
just waiting (hoping) on a little price break.

My Primary GPS Source is a GTN650

Would it be possible to use my current antenna for both units, or would I need to install a dedicated antenna for the 335?
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

my turn

My current transponder is a King KT76C with a Dynon FlightDEK 180 Installed. will this fit the panel cutout for the 76C and what else do I need to be compliant for out?

My current Altitude Encoder is a Pressure Altitude Digitizer 20k ft. SN: 32211

Back