What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS's and Canada

Do any of the Garmin x96 series of GPS's contain Canadian airports to any extent or do they just contain the airports of entry? I can't seem to find a clear answer to this and the Garmin website and 696 user manual only say "airports of entry". Or maybe the better question would be: do Jeppeson based GPS systems (Garmin, AVMap, etc) contain Canadian airports?

Yes, Canadian airports are in the database.

I used my 196 when I flew to the Northwest Territory all the way to Tuktoyaktuk, and Yukon and have used it all over British Columbia, and it does also contain the remainder of Canada. I'm referring to the Jeppeson database. The remainder of X96 undoubtedly are the same, since it's the same database.

JT

BC and Alberta (at least) are covered too. At least they are in the Aera, I can't imagine it would be any different in the x96 series.

The 296 i am using contains all the airports in Alberta and Saskatchewan, and I presume all of Canada. It also has airspace, obstacle, and terrain warning wherever I have used it. Works great thusfar.

I have the 496 now and have been from Tofino all the way to the east coast of PEI. All aiports are there and I got weather all the way across too. It even stayed in english through Quebec :D. Sure wish the SafeTaxi was in it for Canada, it is a great help in large airports. I have made the same trip with the Avmap in my RV9 and all the airports are in it too.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? Well at least we don't have Government run health care!!

. . . what's that? Sorry, never mind.

Back