What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FBO for Victoria, BC Canada (CYYJ)

DBone

Well Known Member
Anybody have any experience in Victoria? Looks like there are 2 on the field, Shell Aerocentre and Esso. I can't find any info on GA friendliness or current fuel prices. Any help out there in VAF land? We'll be there for 1 night in late June.

Thanks,

Dave

We usually visit Victoria a couple of times a year and normally tie down at the Flying Club which is right beside the Tower. Esso usually has the best fuel prices but we havn't been there recently enough to advise price.

Fuel prices are getting high from the FBO about $2.02 the last I checked per litre.
Nanaimo is $1.49/liter and is only 30 miles north.

Anybody have any experience in Victoria? Looks like there are 2 on the field, Shell Aerocentre and Esso. I can't find any info on GA friendliness or current fuel prices. Any help out there in VAF land? We'll be there for 1 night in late June.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave. Viscount Aero Center is GA-friendly, with overnight tie-downs on paved pads, a restaurant and a resident mechanic. It's also walking distance to the ocean-front town of Sidney, with many restaurants and hotels for all budgets.

There are also several RV-owners/builders (including me), with tools, parts and support.

Fuel is by truck (Esso). Not cheap (welcome to Canada).

To get to Viscount, exit on November and take the second or third right turn. Taxi to tie-downs and pick one.

Back