What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight N127MH

marchudson

Well Known Member
Well the winds and weather finally cooperated yesterday for me to take it up for the first flight :eek: Family and friends were there to make the occasion very special for all involved. Engine temps were a little higher than my liking but hopefully they will start to settle down with a few more hours of breaking in.

I'm very happy to be a part of this fine group of individuals and want to thank everyone for helping me out along the way.

For those of you getting close to flying you own project, please at least consider getting some transition training before you go up. I did mine with Alex De Dominicis at RVtraining.com here south of Dallas. I have flown a few different airplanes in the past but it wasn't until after the training that I realized just how much I needed it. Even though I fly for a living, it had been 5 years since flying an RV-4 that I owned. Thanks again Alex.

Short Video:

http://vimeo.com/22812806

Couple of pictures:

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

IMG_8271.jpg

Congrats on a job well done. My first flight was a even 2 hours at 25 squared. Right in the middle of that, all the temps fell 10 degrees. Hang in there, yours will to. They will also fall some more when you install yoru gear leg fairings and wheel pants. Expect your speed to increase at least 20 MPH.

Congratulations.....

...also for the wisdom to get transition training, even tho' you're a professional pilot!

Enjoy,

Back