What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear jack points?

autoglide

Well Known Member
A bit nervous about using screw in jack points at wing tie down screw in locations to raise ea gear leg for tire maint.etc. Anyone know of a clamp on fitting or other method of raising the gear? I modified a floor jack years ago to fit my 6, but that won't work on the Rocket. I could raise gear legs by jacking up at rear cross tube of engine mount, but that would involve removing lower cowl.....would prefer not doing that. All help appreciated.

There has been a lot of discussion about jacking the various RV models, try a few search strings involving "jacking" or "jack points". I just looked the other day and there is a lot of good info.

Jack point

I?m not to far from you located at KPSX. I have a wing jack attachment that I used today on my rv8. I?ve always jacked my rocket up on engine mount near firewall. I think either way will work great. I?ll be finishing up condition inspection tomorrow on the 8. Your welcome to borrow my wing socket attachment.

I too was nervous using the jack points on my RV6A. There are great ways to jack up the RVs on other threads, but I wanted to use the wing jack points for winter storage. It gets minus 35 C here in Canada and it's a little hard on the tires and they crack if they go flat. I use a wide base screw jack on each wing with Anti Splat's hard jack points. For peace of mind, I use an upside down six inch diameter stainless steel parts tray between the wing and the jack point in case the plane ever got bumped off the screw jacks. Just drill a hole in a couple of them for giant safety washers in the winter and tape off the holes for parts tray use in the summer.

Back