What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MMO (Marver mystery oil) use

RicoB

Well Known Member
Patron
I have been using MMO in my vehicles for ever. Every oil change I add 1qt to the oil and I use in the fuel tank, 4oz per 10gal.
Trying to see what and how you guys use for aviation as oil additive and fuel additive.
Let me know pros and cons specially on MMO. I was told to put Avblend in the oil because MMO will gunk up the oil. Not sure if I believe that one.
Thanks

Every article on aviation oil I’ve seen leads me to the conclusion that at best MMO will not hurt.

On the other hand, there is strong consensus that CamGuard provides corrosion protection. This is the only oil additive I use.

TCP is an approve fuel additive if you think you need a lead scavenger.

Carl

Camguard

Camguard...there is data to support their claims. Probably one of the only additives that can verify their claims with other than anecdotal evidence.

MMO

Been using MMO in the fuel of all five of my aircraft that I have owned for the last 30 years. Never had a stuck valve. Like you said can?t hurt, but you have to draw your own conclusions.
To me, it?s cheap enough for me to continue its use.
By the way, I use AVBlend in the oil too.
Dave
N601XP

MMO

Most folks don't agree that it works, I'm not in that camp. Original fuel selector was stiff when I bought the RV. I removed it and cleaned it up, worked good for a while, started using Marvel Mystery Oil and it freed right up.

give it a search on VAF. lots of stuff on MMO. i have seen it work on a sailboat engine with a sticky valve years ago. my rv loves it. ;)

I swear by it.

Been using it in all my vehicles and plan on using it in my RV-7A.

Resurrected my old lawn mower with it.

Mmo

MMO is great cleaner, it?s 3 parts solvent, 1 part atf
I would only use it short term, to clean out sludge.
Would never use it long term.

For about 30-years, I have used MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) as lubricant for my air tools.

Back