What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Failing FF-00076 Sniffle Line Bracket

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Just curious if anyone else is having trouble with FF-00076, just replaced mine for the third time in 100 hours.

Just curious if anyone else is having trouble with FF-00076, just replaced mine for the third time in 100 hours.

Not sure about the bracket, but the sniffle valve failed a flotation test about 700 hours ago.

I've kept an eye on mine since you've had this problem. Mine is good, but I've had the little clip that holds the sniffle hose on at the exhaust shield just aft of the sniffle valve fatigued and came off.

The pics in the manual show the hose having a bend in it, slightly; mine didn't have any curve to it. Not sure this matters, but the aft end of the sniffle hose is fixed to the fuse and the forward end moves relative the aft end. The clip at the exhaust shield likely didn't fatigue from the motion between it and the sniffle valve. But, it could have failed due to the same forces that cause your failure.

In my case I just removed the clamp at the exhaust pipe. The 90 at the sniffle valve will likely take the vibration better but perhaps will fatigue the sniffle more than the hose. Might be better to leave as is and re-clamp the aft end of the hose more forward, pushing a slight curve into the sniffle hose as it goes from exhaust to rear fastener. Would relieve push/pulls better than a straight shot?

For now I"m going to try it not clamped to the exhaust pipe. I suppose it could ride up and melt on the pipe?

"Failed" as it breaks or comes off?

If it is breaking, is there enough flexibility in the rubber hose? How far does your FF-00081 extends into the rubber hose?

Mine at last check was OK but I only have about 66 hours now.

Back