What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 43-05/06 Question

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I am in the process of putting on all the fittings onto the back of the engine and I have a question few questions:

1. The Fuel Pressure Sensor and the fuel flow sensor are shown on 43-05.

The engine comes with a fitting (45 degree angle fitting) in the place where the other two are supposed to go. Am I supposed to remove the 45 degree fitting and replace with what is shown on 43-05? I ask because it seems like the other fitting was put there on purpose, since the other side where the KB-000 fitting goes had a red cap.

2. Also for the oil temp sensor (garmin), where is this safety wired to? The plans show the oil temp sensor in one place, but that place is plugged up with a nut and safety wired in place. The hole for the sensor is closer to the oil filter, so it is not in the same place that is shown in the plans. The oil sensor has a gasket--is it torqued down to a certain value even though it has a gasket?

3. Finally, another dumb question. None of the fittings come with caps. What do people do between the time the fittings are put in place and hanging engine and connecting hoses. Should I tape over or put the hoses in place? The hoses have caps, so I could connect and leave the caps on the other end of the hoses.

Thanks

Back