What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dimpling and QB Fuselage

amaris

Well Known Member
Since I've nearly completed the assembly of the wings and the fuselage is being delivered in February, I need to make room in the garage, which means reducing the size of my workbench by a lot. For anyone that's finished a QB kit, is there much need for a dimpler like the DRDT-2? I'm wondering if just put it on a table on the rare occasion it's needed or if I need to rebuild some place for it.
Thanks.

You'll want it for the aft top fuselage skin F-712 and the skin in front of the windscreen F-7106 slider, F-771 tip up.

I've decided I'll rip apart the workbench down to 24" leaving the recess I built to keep the DRDT flush with the work surface. So any of the larger pieces will get supported with a temporary saw horse set up.

Sounds like you?ve got it figured

But you?ll only use the dimpler once or twice more. Better to maximize your level workbench space I would suggest. Use the saw horses for the very rare times you need the dimpler. FWIW, I don?t even own a dimpler for my QB project - have relied on the generosity of friends. Just my two cents.

Back