What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AirVenture Cup

Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
The AirVenture Cup website (http://www.airventurecup.com) was updated recently to say the race is going to be conducted but a lot of things are up in the air and I don't mean airplanes. The EAA has said OK to a 2006 race but they are not making it easy for the organizers. In addition to all of the requirements that must be satisfied just to conduct a race in less than 6 months, they have to meet new requirements from the EAA that appear to be incomplete and they have to get donations and find sponsors to pay for it. The entry requirements are not defined yet either but I'm sure they will require more EAA risk protection and higher entry fees. If anyone else were trying to put this race on for the EAA and had to put up with this stuff it probably would fall apart but Eric Whyte and his team are not your average organization. I believe the race will be flown in 2006 but I would not put off my entry until 2007 - even great teams stop fighting the battle eventually.

Bob Axsom

Back