What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Huricane force winds......in the driveway

bret

Well Known Member
So there I was, and said here, hold my BEER, watch this, well almost, no beer, and no one else to see my First engine start, so here it is. just needed to check for leaks and stuff......Y strapped from steps to the 442, so far so good! only 8 seconds, then the plane flopped over cause there are no wings on.......Just kiddin ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ8d85cNhCA

Can't wait for that experience. I hope to put power on mine this weekend after many weekends of wiring.

So glad I did a test run at home, found one slight seepage at vernathurm, tightened, one at the fuel pump rod retaining bolt, sealed, found PP alternator over charging, moved voltage senese wire to enable spot on regulator, rookie mistake, confirmed prop feather, confirm exhaust brackets on lower motor mount are actually working ;-) fixed slight leak at brake master, confirm parking brake holds, need to check one of the Hall sensors.
I was a little worried about the neighbors complaining, (we are in 1-5 acre horse properties) and then my wife called me from work and said people are complaining, (we are on nextdoor.com) asking about a loud motor running? airboat? airplane landing in Ruhenstroth? lots of folks asking online what the?
So I chimed in and explained, after that, lots of complements and congratulations from complete strangers! The normal noises you hear in my area: lawn mowers, tractors, mules, roosters, dogs.............Airplane!

Back