What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Engine Mount close to Asheville, NC or Huntsville, Al

steve murray

Well Known Member
Anybody close to Asheville, NC or Huntsville, AL with and uninstalled RV10 engine mount that I could come by and trace the mount pads on a cardboard pattern?

I am trying to create a pattern to be used to cutout ceramic cloth for heat\fire protection. My finish kit is on order but not due for two months.

Thx

Steve

That's what I did

and it works great! Sorry I'm not closer - and I just torqued the mount on last weekend :D

You will like how the Fibrefrax and stainless foil turns out. Very happy I did mine. Only one finger slice and no mechanical or cosmetic issues (except wiping the blood off the plane).

Anybody close to Asheville, NC or Huntsville, AL with and uninstalled RV10 engine mount that I could come by and trace the mount pads on a cardboard pattern?

I am trying to create a pattern to be used to cutout ceramic cloth for heat\fire protection. My finish kit is on order but not due for two months.

Thx

Steve

Watson Aero in Louisville,GA has one that they use on a test stand. They have a website.

Heat shield

and it works great! Sorry I'm not closer - and I just torqued the mount on last weekend :D

You will like how the Fibrefrax and stainless foil turns out. Very happy I did mine. Only one finger slice and no mechanical or cosmetic issues (except wiping the blood off the plane).

Is this the preferred method for firewall heat treatment? Does it come in one piece? Source?
Thanks!

Back