What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Shop Shout Out!

rhino737

Hello All,

I want to share with everybody my experience with the paint shop I just recently had paint my RV-7A. I bought my unpainted -7A from the builder about a year ago. My airplane had about 100 TT on everything. Although an excellent build, much of the fiberglass needed touch-up work and some of the fiberglass needed repair.

After talking to several RV owners who had paint work done at AirCrafters Refinishing (located on the Sebastian Airport (X26), I contacted the owner Michael and discussed what I wanted to accomplish with painting my airplane. I e-mailed him my scheme, which was done by Johnathan at Plane Schemers. Michael was happy to do everything we discussed. He e-mailed a quote which I thought was more than fair and upon delivery, stuck to this quote.

My airplane came out FANTASTIC!! Almost as good as the paint work was the pleasant experience I had with Michael. It was truly a pleasure doing business with AirCrafters and his crew. He was more than happy to sent photos during the process which I appreciated immensely. When I picked up my airplane it was clean, shiny and ready to go.

If you need a quality paint job for your RV, I give Michael and his crew at AirCrafters my highest recommendation.

If you have any question or just want to talk about my experience, give me a call. If your curious about my paint job and want to see a picture, e-mail or text me.

Mike Rinaldi
770-314-9587
[email protected]

Pictures

Sorry guys, just not computer savvy enough to figure out how to post pictures. I?d be happy to e-mail or text some photos to anybody interested. Feel free to post them if you know how.

Mike

I know that feeling - always much easier to view other's pictures than learn how to post on here! One day...!

Here's the pics

359kbqq.jpg

2h8bmz5.jpg

21dprpe.jpg

13z03u8.jpg

Last edited:
Something weird is going on. The OP says he can see 4 pics, I can only see 2 and I posted them? I have no idea. Posted with tinypic.com

Ditto, my 14 was Michael?s first by his new business. 2 years ago.
I wanted simple, protective, and affordable. A multiple award winning RV builder on my field was extremely impressed at his workmanship.
Michael already had a great reputation at Sebastian before opening his own shop with encouragement by a friend of his when a hanger became available.
Aircrafters Refinishing
772-497-4080

I ask J to post a ?photo? ... day of arriving back home.
I put the wheel pants on the following day.

R

Paint Cost

Down time was quoted at 5-6 weeks. I was away in Europe on vacation so I told Michael i was in no rush. It took the full six weeks because of some extra fiberglass work that needed repair. Cost was 13K.

Mike

Back