What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh Housing

I am building an RV-10 and was planning to fly up in a Saratoga and camp, however now the wife would like to go. The challenge is she would not like to camp so we need to find a reasonably priced place to stay. I have camped at Oshkosh and Fond du Lac with the family but want to insure she has a good experience. Any suggestions or ideas? It was a BIG and pleasant surprise when she said she would like to go and want her to have a great experience.

Appreciate the suggestions!

This close to the show non-camping pickin's near OSH are going to be slim to none. The Dorms might be the best bet as far as still having some availability. However, there's some housing links on the AirVenture website and AirBNB and Craig's list are options too. You might get lucky and time it just when someone with an existing reservation cancels. I guess that also applies to the hotels but I wouldn't hold my breath. Otherwise you probably need to plan on staying someplace out from OSH and driving in. Good Luck!!

A very quick search in Wautoma (about 30 miles west of OSH) shows a few rooms left at a few motels. Probably not the Ritz, but I can vouch for the town and local restaurants. Of course, this assumes you can get a rental car....

Back