What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: Wyoming

JACKTOWN

Jackson Hole used to have a nice range of activity. Warbirds, ultralights, homebuilts, and an assortment of light planes. Yesterday I booked up there to demo the RV-10 for a couple guys in a Hawker. There were 3 singles in view. One was a working Interstate and a couple spams. Half a dozen quarter shares and another half dozen company planes. Why so dead? Simple. The FBO owner with approval of the airport authorities have actively hammered down light plane traffic. They don't want us because we're a "nuisance" and we use FBO resources that could be spent siphoning more money from the turbine crowd.
When I landed a ramp rat waved me into parking and I went in to find the guys I was looking for. At the counter I signed for my landing fee, $7. Okay. Then I got my FBO handling fee, $20. Okay. Then I loaded up my 2 guys, flew up around the Tetons, looped over the snowmobile hill climbs at Snow King, and landed again. Was told I needed to pay landing fee again, $7. Okay. Then they told me I had to pay another FBO handling fee, $20. Total to land twice and one hour parking, $54. Not okay. Lukewarm stale coffee for $54. Nice. Fuel was $7.50/gal. Double nice. The FBO owner (Jeff Brown) has a unique business model. It goes like this: Get 'em good the first time because you'll never see them again. Jacktown, makes me proud to live in Wyoming.

Good ol' KPNA

Well maybe you haven't heard :p but just a short hop to the south are the friendly folks at Pinedale! We like everyone!:D
I hope the sale works out. Let me know.

Cody, WY

Had a great time at the Cody Rodeo. It happens every night June through August. Lots of great hotels & bars downtown - just a crew-car ride away!
DSCN1773.JPG

DSCN1776.JPG

DSCN1780.JPG

DSCN1791.JPG

Back