What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Product: Carbon Fiber 6.00-6 Wheel Fairings

Sky Designs

Just in time for summertime back country flying - wheel fairings for 6.00-6 tires made from carbon fiber and room temp cure epoxy.

https://www.skydesigns.aero/coming-soon

These have been in development for many months but we're excited to finally let folks know we're ready to go even though we're still finishing-up some last minute details like finding shipping boxes

Last edited:
Please dont shoot me

Please dont shoot me for being weird; and dont kick me out of the club, but will these bigger tires fit on a 9a? I want to be more like Vlad when I grow up

Last edited:
I have 5 or 6 of the 600x6 wheels and tires and tubes sitting on a shelf in the storage room, but didn't want to fly without fairings, so I just bought a set of 380/150x5 tires and tubes last week !! Oh well, maybe next tire change.

I think I needs some of them for my Errorcoupe. I could use some new pants, don't that carbon make you itch? Now I know what you been up to Ken. Randy T

Last edited:
Big Uns...

Just in time for summertime back country flying - wheel fairings for 6.00-6 tires made from carbon fiber and room temp cure epoxy.

https://www.skydesigns.aero/coming-soon

These have been in development for many months but we're excited to finally let folks know we're ready to go even though we're still finishing-up some last minute details like finding shipping boxes

Hey KK,
Per our many discussions over the years concerning RV "off road" operations and Missionary Aviation in the far reaches (of the world) notwithstanding, as usual, YOU (Da man) deliver!!! Coming from the guy who designed the RV10 (and many others) I'm not surprised!
I'm sure all the naysayers (who've never landed on mud, gravel or more than a 5 degree slope) will be asking about drag coefficients, L/D Max equations, three page-long Van's Aircraft approval ratings etc. and other less than essential hoopla.
I for one am thankful! Hopefully, I can be one of your first customers...:)

Best of all they look cool, Nuff said!
Well done sir!
V/R
Smokey

Last edited:
prop clearance

Looks like you get another inch of prop clearance - very nice!

Any Idea about the performance change. I have Same James on my 8 now. Are these pressure recovery?

Back